Ended Project Officer
Position: Project Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Until September 30, 2019. Renewable based in fund availability and performance
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager the Project Officer will contribute to the RI’s health & Nutrition projects planning, administration, implementation, monitoring of project activities in the field, including teamwork and field staff capacity building.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of RI’s health & Nutrition projects in assigned areas
- Work closely with the Health project managers to achieve health & nutrition program objectives and targets effectively and efficiently.
- Participate in improving the quality of primary health care (PHC) services delivered at supported health facilities through setting of priorities for medical staff, on the job training, and continuous monitoring
- Conduct monitoring visits to the supported health facilities, provide monitoring report that includes the findings, recommendations and action plans per RI’s monitoring checklists
- Prepare and submits weekly and monthly reports on health & nutrition project activities and other relevant reports to health and nutrition project manager.
- Identify the supply needs of the supported health facilities in the assigned governorate and coordinate with pharmaceutical officer, and project manager for their delivery.
- Assist in the design, development and management of health program activities.
- Ensure that planned activities are successfully implemented according to relevant quality standards and in close coordination with project manager and Health/Nutrition sub-cluster.
- Follow-up with Area Manager/Head office/Security Manager to get movement clearances from local authorities
- Responsible for accuracy of health data through ensuring proper registration and documentation of health services at supported health facilities
- Responsible for health data analysis and interpretation, making suggestions and recommendations to be discussed with project manager
- Prepare weekly, monthly work plans and share with project manager
- Perform additional tasks as seen necessary by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor/Diploma degree in health with relevant strong health background
- Two-year experience in the field work with mobile team
- Strong ability to organize work, high commitment to time and deadlines, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Share the humanitarian mission of the organization.
- Proven experience in emergency health and nutrition activities, including field experience in nutrition projects
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports
- Ability to effectively communicate with a health and nutrition team
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all sides of the conflict
Relief International's Values:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight July 17, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted