Ended Health & Nutrition Program Assistants (3)
Position: Health & Nutrition Program Assistants (3)
Location: Dhamar (Districts level)
Reports to: Project Officer
Duration: Until September 30, 2019. Renewable based in fund availability and performance
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitor the targeted health facilities in Dhamar Governorate according Districts .
· Send daily report from the targeted health facilities to the field health/nutrition Officers.
· Follow up with the health facilities with any needs (drugs, consumables)
· Maintain contact with District Health Office (DHO)
· Support and supervise the program in the targeted areas
· Monitor regular follow-up visits for malnourished people to ensure that all are receiving food according to the calculation guidelines and getting timely treatment at home
· Work closely with the team to ensure all people are measured correctly and receive food/systematic treatment according to the treatment protocols
· In liaison with Health team ensure the availability of all medical supplies required to treat the severely and moderately malnourished children at their area
· Monitor the supply chain at the targeted health facilities and ensure rational use of drugs
· Ensure all registered data are accurate
· Check and monitor the distributed items to targeted health facilities
· Ensure infection control measures are applied in the health facilities
· Report any problems in a timely manner to the Field Health/Nutrition Officers.
· Investigate the reasons for slow weight gain, defaulting, absenteeism and share them with outreach supervisor and nutrition specialist
· Perform any other duties assigned by direct supervisor or Project Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position is based in the field with daily field visits. Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must have at least Diploma degree in Nursing or related Medical field (Bachelor degree of general medicine is preferable)
- One year experience in the field work with health facilities
- Share the humanitarian mission of the organization
- Has a very good knowledge in primary health care system
- Proven experience in emergency health and nutrition activities, including field experience in nutrition and health projects
- Flexible and stands working under pressure
- Has strong organizational and communication skills
Relief International's Values:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight July 17, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted