Position: MEAL Officer - FFA
Reports to: Senior MEAL Officer
Duration: Till December 31, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop projects Indicator trackers and MEAL plans for the Cash for Work interventions in cooperation with project manager;
- Ensure regular follow-up and progress reporting on project indicator trackers and MEAL plans to the Senior MEAL officer;
- Participate in RI’s assessment, baseline, end-line, KAP studies as instructed by the Senior M&E Officer;
- Conduct the monitoring field visits to the project locations in order to carry out technical monitoring, verify that the construction/rehabilitation works are implemented with timelines and according to the approved BoQs and national & international quality standards.
- As required, assisting in development and improvement of the technical supervision plans.
- Prepare the required monitoring checklists, and reflecting the key findings and follow-up issues of the field visits in a specific Field Monitoring/Evaluation Report template and follow-up essential issues with concerned staff in a continuous process.
- Conduct monthly performance analysis and presentations.
- Implement RI’s Complaints and Feedback Mechanism and ensure that RI’s Accountability to Affected Population (AAP) approach is mainstreamed in all of projects’ activities.
- Participate in developing MEAL department annual plans;
- Develop and maintain databases when required;
- Ensure proper data collection, entry and analysis of projects;
- Monitor data quality and keep tracking the progress of projects activities;
- Lead Pre- and post-distribution monitoring for projects if any;
- Maintain a proper electronic and hard archiving system of all related MEAL documents with the assistance of the MEAL assistant;
- Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications, improvement or information resources;
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of activities implemented and data collected and suggest ways for improvement;
- Collect, consolidate, review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of performance and reporting;
- Supervise feedback and complaints mechanism log, analysis and verification process, reporting and follow up cases until they are closed;
- Review the monthly report on feedback and complaint mechanism of related RI projects;
- Assist in verification of data and complaints and provide advice;
- Support the field team meetings and compile/ follow up on action-positive and timely feedback.
- Ensure all project staff understands and adhere to the project logical frame work, indicators and goals.
- Record lessons learned and good practice case studies from reviews and evaluations and communicate them to field team.
- Any other task as requested by direct supervisor
- Provide a monthly performance report of the progress of projects to the Senior M&E Officer;
- Perform other relevant tasks as required by the Senior MEAL Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in Civil Engineering/Social Sciences or equivalent relevant field;
- Very good command of English language (Speaking and writing skills);
- Ability to use MS. Office, MS. Excel and Power Point in particular;
- Strong experience in data collection and analysis tools such as Kobo Collect, SPSS
- Ability to produce informative reports;
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, social and cultural constraints and realities
- Experience in MEAL activities, accountability-related tasks in particular is highly preferred.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight July 17, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted