Ended District Monitoring Assistant (5)
Position: District Monitoring Assistant (5)
Location: Sana’a (2) + Hajjah (3)
Reports to: MEAL Officer
Duration: Till December 31, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The District Monitoring Assistants (DMA) will report directly to the Project MEAL Officer at Sana’a sub office and will work in the sub-office in Hajjah and Sana’a to be in charge of monitoring the general FFA activates in project-targeted districts in Sana’a and Hajjah
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the work of field Monitors, and monitor the project data collection methods and analyze information generated by them from the field.
- Undertake regular field visits to RI project sites for orientation to project activities and local conditions. Prepare routine reports on results of visits and the project’s progress.
- Ensure that the monitoring plan is carried out on a daily and weekly basis, plan and supervise evaluation exercises on a regular basis at the district level
- Ensure that data collection methods follow an efficient and effective approach and allow to report against agreed-upon indicators.
- Assets the MEAL Officer to Coordinate and oversee the regular monitoring of food for assistant activities
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the field to ensure that the project is on course to achieve the intended results.
- Validate and verify information generated by the MEAL system.
- Oversee stakeholder – in district level- meetings as needed to provide a forum for dialogue about the performance of the project.
- Submit weekly reports on project indicators to the project and MEAL Team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience in Monitoring/MEAL/, ideally in the NGO sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil Engineering or social work, business administration, development, or related field.
- A previous experience in food assistance programs is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, good communication, interpersonal and coordination skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Very good communication skills both written and verbal (both English & Arabic).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in stressful circumstances, and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight July 17, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted