Ended Import/Export Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type : Open Ended.
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : ADEN
The Import-Export Officer is responsible for ensuring that all imported, exported and in-transit goods are moved according to sound practices.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Obtains exemptions from national or regional authorities for goods that the ICRC imports.
- Receives and expedites freight out of the country or region of assignment in collaboration with external commercial partners.
- Is responsible for following up on, filing and archiving import-export documents.
- Ensures that records on bond data are available and up-to-date.
- Verifies invoices (from customs, freight-forwarders, etc.) and submits them to supervisors and/or department staff.
- Reports problems and irregularities in import-export activities; reports security issues.
- Works with logisticians to handle claims.
- Takes part in selecting external logistics providers (freight forwarders and carriers).
- Ensures that the latest customs regulations are communicated and applied.
Scope & Impact
- Geographical remit: global.
- Approves invoices up to a specified amount.
- Internally, interacts mainly with Logistics Division staff worldwide.
- Externally, develops and maintains a network of import-export contacts, e.g. national and regional authorities who issue permits and authorizations, customs clearing agents and freight forwarders.
- University degree.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English and/or French.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of the local language in the country of assignment.
- Computer skills (especially in logistics software).
- Certification in clearing and forwarding.
- Valid IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations certification.
Professional Experience Required
- Three years' experience working in a clearing and forwarding organization.
- Proven knowledge of customs and import-export procedures.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com indicating in the subject line: Import-Export Officer
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 16.07.2019