Ended Health Project Manager
Position: Health Project Manager
Report to: Sn. Health Manager
Manages: Health / RH Officers.
Duty Station: Sana’a with frequent visit to field site.
Under the supervision of IRC Yemen’s Sn. Health project Manager, the Health manger will be responsible for the planning, implementation and monitoring of the health program activities in Sana’a and AlHudiedah governorates. The Health manager will work with other senior staffs of the health team as well as with Field manager, Environmental Health, supply chain, human resource and finance department to ensure effective implementation of the integrated health program. The Health Manager will be based in Sana’a and will need to undertake frequent visits to the field sites.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
Coordination and Representation
- Plan and coordinate the supported health facilities / MHT activities with ministry of health and local authority.
- Plan and coordinate the drugs distributions and other supplies to MHTs.
- Collaborate with other sectors to ensure a holistic approach in line with IRC’s Program Framework principles and IRC Yemen integrated program.
- Ensure good coordination with other departments.
Technical Monitoring and Program Quality
- Provide technical supervision of, and technical support to IRC emergency program of MHTs.
- Ensure that health program utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as prescribed by the Ministry of Health and WHO/UNICEF.
- Ensure that program activities are consistent with established best practices.
- Oversee the collection and timely reporting of data and statistics for the project in line with national, internal and donor requirements.
- Ensure regular follow up on project indicators and achievements of the project targets.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up and decision-making on data relevant to the project activities.
- Ensure all stakeholders, including IRC, MoPHP are provided with updates, following the established reporting structures.
- Participate in the activities for program development.
- Monitor evolving needs of the target communities and adjust the programmatic priorities as necessary.
- Ensure/facilitate the ongoing capacity building of national health staff, supportive supervision and undertake staff performance evaluations and individual development plans.
- Ensure appropriate support by coaching through regular field visits.
- Recruit and manage staff as necessary, according to IRC Yemen policies and procedures.
Required qualification and experience
- Professional degree, preferably in Medicine
- Master in public health (preferred)
- Two to three years’ experience of managing health programs
- Experience developing staff capacity
- Ability to write clear and concise reports to meet required reporting deadlines
- Able to work independently while being a strong team player
- Competence with Windows, Microsoft Office
- Proficient in English language (written and spoken) and in Arabic language (spoken) is required.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5738
Deadline for Applying: July 18, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.