Supply Chain Officer-Procurement
Job Title: Supply Chain officer-Procurement
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Yemen | Aden
Overtime Eligible n/a: (per local law)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
To support the effective operations in Supply Chain Department in IRC Yemen by managing all local, national and international procurements in Aden or anywhere in Country and to ensure that all procurement is conducted in accordance with IRC Supply Chain policies and procedures, relevant donor requirements, and in the spirit of obtaining best Value for Money (VFM)
The Supply chain Officer will work in Aden office under the supervision of Senior Procurement Manager. He/she is responsible for all types of procurement and other logistical coordination. Incumbent must be able to rapidly procure program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. This is a key position within SC and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC procurement and supply chain systems.
Supply Chain Planning
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective supply chain planning and preparation to support program implementation. Supply chain planning includes;-
- Implementing all IRC procurement SOPs
- Develop sourcing strategies and relationships with suppliers.
- Monitor supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis.
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for implementing procurement plan & strategies. The Supply Chain Officer ensures all program procurement needs are met on time in accordance with GSC and donors’ standards. This includes:-
- Support in development of specifications
- Processing approved Purchase request through the procurement software (online BVA) and ensuring data accuracy.
- Request for quotations / proposals.
- Organize and participate in tender meetings & evaluations.
- Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented.
- Demonstrate value for money in procurement.
- Review procurement documents for accuracy before submitting to finance.
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for managing supplier relationships and performance to ensure that there is precise record keeping, and implementing procurement standard operating procedures and control as provided by GSC. This includes:-
- Maintain suppliers file and documentation
- Documents supplier performance
- Maintain supplier performance score cards.
Compliance and Ethics
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for implementing donor rules & regulations for all procurements, Identifying and analyzing compliance risk in procurement processes through:-
- Implementing due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting ATC, reference checks, supplier visits etc.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- identifying and reporting procurement red flags,
- Implementing internal and external audit corrective action plans (CAPs)
- Procurement are conducted in compliance with donor regulations
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for preparing and submitting accurate:-
- Monthly PRTS report to supply chain Manager by 2nd of every month,
- Market survey twice a year.
- Support with developing and updating the procurement plans as required.
Human Resource Management:
- Manage performance evaluation for direct reports on bi-annual basis;
- Liaise with HR/Admin department for recruiting and discipline procedures for direct reports in accordance with IRC HR policy (if required or assigned).
- Manage annual leave of direct reports.
- Provide procurement systems training and briefings to new starters, staff and partners.
- Any other duties as directed by the Sr. Procurement Manager and/or Supply Chain Coordinator related to Supply Chain Department in;
- All positions in IRC Yemen Supply Chain Department may at times require manual handling and lifting.
- This job description is not exhaustive and additional tasks in the remit of the role may be added/removed according to operational changes.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Procurement Manager
Position directly supervises: Supply Chain Assistants
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Supply Chain, Administration and Finance staff, international staff.
External: Vendors and service providers
Education: Technical education or Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, marketing, Information technology, civil engineering and/or equivalent
Technical Skills & Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience working within the commercial, charity or public sector within logistics, Supply chain management or a related field e.g. procurement, Humanitarian Supply Chain (e.g. ICT, mechanics, construction, transport, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)) etc.
- Experience of providing a customer service.
- Experience of freight forwarding and export/Import procedures is desirable.
- Strong ability to prioritize work under pressure, maintain attention to detail, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Customer & client centered and service oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Energetic, with good networking and communication skills.
- Detail-orientated and professional patience.
- Sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
Language Skills: Good English and Arabic to communicate clearly and effectively.
Computer Skill: MS Office – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
Certificates or Licenses: Relevant certificates
Working Environment: Based in Aden, travel to sub-locations where program is being implemented, if required
There is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas. Staff must comply with all IRC security policies and procedures applicable to international staff. Security will be thoroughly discussed during the interview process.
Supply Chain Officer Competencies matrix:
The Supply Chain Officer Competency matrix is the primary supporting document to this job description and the Supply Chain Officer must ensure that all tasks are preformed to standard.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5744
Deadline for Applying: July 24, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.