Ended RH Officer
Position: RH Officer
Report to: RH Manager
Duty Station: Al Dhale’e
This position is a support position to the medical team in the mobile clinic of the reproductive health, as part of a larger primary health care intervention that includes maternal and child health and environmental health. The RH Officer supports Reproductive Health activity of IRC’s Mobile team, supported HFs and EmONC.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- To prepare and implement Reproductive health activity plans, under the guidance of the RHM by ensuring that plans are up to date, understood by staff and monitored daily.
- Assess, plan and implement necessary training for Reproductive Health staff with the support of Reproductive health manager (RHM).
- Conduct regular briefing and supervision of midwifes, use quality checklists to improve quality of care, assessing technical and qualitative performance, and providing on job training, coaching and mentoring as required to ensure quality service delivery, plus collection data from hand over facilities.
- Assess, plan and execute capacity building program for the MoPHP staff, including midwifes, nurses, community health workers and others to improve RH services at the community level.
- Assist with the development and execution of emergency response activities, and providing health services if required.
- Ensure proper documentation, timely collection of reports associated with all health and, with the support of Health Information System Officer (HISO).
- Assist in store release of RH material; oversee storage of reproductive health kits, keep the supply chain functional with assistance from supply chain.
- Conduct regular and ongoing analysis of reproductive health situation of the beneficiaries and the community.
- Contribute to development of regular activity reports and assist with the development and drafting of project proposals.
- Assists in the process of replacement for staff who take leaves by others either from internal or external members.
- Ensure that health staff in facilities understand and implement the treatment guidelines and protocols recommended by MoPHP.
- Review weekly/monthly HIS reports and provide feedback to health staff.
- Work in health facility to provide RH services as needed.
- Carry out any other reasonable responsibilities as requested by the RHM.
Required qualification and experience
- Health Professional (MD or Midwife) with at least five years of experience practicing MCH.
- At least 3 years humanitarian project management experience.
- Experience managing staff and working in reproductive health projects.
- Thorough understanding of gender-based violence response protocols and service provision.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, training and facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and flexibility.
- Ability to live in a high security environment
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power-point, Epi-Info/SPSS, Outlook and the internet.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent English (spoken and written).
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and insecure environments
- An understanding of and commitment to IRC’s mission and values.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5740
Deadline for Applying: July 18, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.