Health Information System Assistant
Position: Health Health Information System Assistant
Report to: Senior Health Information System Officer
Duty Station: Aden with regularly visits.
The Health Information System Assistant (HISA) will be working closely with the teams in targeted health facilities for data collection, compilations, analysis and sharing the report back with health staff after the completion of the data entry and compilation processes. HISA will be regularly coordinating the data entry activities with Senior Health Information System officer, and will be reporting to SHIS Officer.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Responsible for the data entry of weekly and monthly reports (where relevant) of the hospital and health facilities (HFs), and supported comprehensive and basic emergency obstetric care (C/BEMOC) under the project.
- To ensure the quality of data, the HISA will provide timely feedback to the staff of HFs through the health manager related to data quality issues such accuracy and completeness so it will be corrected on time as necessary.
- Complete data entry and share reports on time as per agreed deadlines.
- Assists Senior HIS officer in preparing reports to WHO/health cluster, and other data such as data related to minimum indicators as needed and/or requested by SHIS Officer.
- Assists in preparing data required for donor reports and project proposal as necessary.
- During outbreak situations, provide daily information, as needed.
- Undertake visits to IRC supported HFs for checking on data quality, on the job training and on the spot feedback as relevant and necessary.
- Keep record of the HIS data and share with relevant staff as necessary.
- Attend IRC and external stakeholders meetings as necessary.
- Attend IRC orientation, training/workshops when required and/or arranged by program.
- Perform any other task needed and requested by supervisor.
Required qualification and experience
• University graduate, in computer science, health sciences, or other relevant topics.
• At least two years of work experience in data entering.
• Previous experience in humanitarian field.
• Excellent English language skills (speaking, writing, reading, listening).
• High commitment to deadlines and detail oriented
• Ability to conduct field visits to IRC health program sites throughout the southern areas.
• Very good computer skills: MS Word especially Excel and experience in MS Access will be an asset
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task along with flexible nature
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5739
Deadline for Applying: July 18, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.