Ended Project Officer (Engineer)
Position: Project Officer (Engineer)
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till December 31, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Project Manager, the Project Officer will contribute to the Food for Assets (FFA) project to achieve sustainable food security solutions by investments in rural community assets and infrastructure project planning, administration, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities, including teamwork and capacity building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support and guidance to the registration and worker team.
- Ensure fields report formats are used properly and all reports are submitted on time, followed up on, and finalized in a timely manner and support where issues arise to mentor and improve over time.
- Identify when technical support is required (sectoral, logistics, finance, reporting, M&E, etc)
- Provide hands-on training, capacity building, support, and feedback to staff.
- Conduct follow up field visits to ensure the implementation of the activities.
- In consultation with local authorities and communities, facilities the list of beneficiaries and insure the verification/registration process.
- Facilitate and monitor all field work at the districts sites.
- Participate and contribute to development of the daily, weekly, and monthly plans.
- Drafting daily, weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Maintain detailed records and up to date paperwork for all duties as per agreed upon formats.
- Ensure adherence to the principle and objectives of the project, RI and donors policies.
- Any other relevant duties as directed by the Project Manager.
Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Participate in initial assessment missions and distribution/site selections as RI representative.
- Monitor the progress of project implementation, update the PM accordingly, and assist in field.
- Ensure tracking of project indicators at all levels (activities, results, objectives and goal)
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, support in monitoring the budget spending of the partner, project activity compliance, and accurate visibility materials and complete activity reporting.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files for project activities and data for project / governorate.
- Ensure coordination with project stakeholders (beneficiaries, communities, local governing authorities).
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of the emergency project activities.
- Draft weekly and monthly narrative reports using approved templates.
- Ensure to generate lessons learned and project success stories.
- Drafting the CPDRs to be submitted to the Project Manager for review and approval.
- Perform other relevant duties assigned by the Project Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering related field or its equivalent (logistics, Nutrition, business).
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience managing complex emergency programs for INGOs.
- Minimum 1 year experience managing projects in Food for Assets (FFA) project or cash transfer programming.
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Strong team management skills and ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff.
- Ability to represent RI in high level meetings with donors and local government.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen; ability to live in remote and isolated environments.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight July 17, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted