Ended Nutrition Assistant (2)
Position: Nutrition Assistant (2)
Location: Washahah & Bakil Al-Meer Districts,Hajjah, Yemen
Reports to: Nutrition Officer
Duration: Till December 31, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Under the supervision of Nutrition Officer, the Nutrition Assistant will be responsible for collecting data and information related to RI activities in the field and sharing it with the focal M&E persons. He/she will facilitate the work in the field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the activities of Health Facilities or Mobile Clinics
- Send daily data received from Health Facilities or the Mobile Clinics to the Data Management Assistant.
- Follow up with Health Facilities or Mobile Clinics with any needs (nutrition commodities, consumables) and inform the the Nutrition Officer accordingly.
- Maintain close contact and coordination with District Health Office (DHO)
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to ensure that all the cases of malnutrition are receiving the treatment supplies and food commodities according to the CMAM protocols.
- Ensure that all children under 5 years of age CU5 and pregnant and lactating women PLW are assessed, managed and measured for acute malnutrition correctly and share a comprehensive check lists with the Nutrition Officer after every visit.
- Ensure prompt tracing of children who are absent from the program and request specific children to be followed up in the course of the week as required.
- Ensure that weight changes of the children are closely monitored and those with slow weight gain or weight losses are given optimal attention by the medical and nutrition staff.
- In liaison with Health team ensure the availability of all medical supplies required to treat the severely and moderately malnourished children and pregnant and lactating women in the area of operations.
- Work closely with Stock Keepers and monitor the commodity movements in the warehouse and health facilities, and prepare and submit weekly stock report to Nutrition Officer.
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the Nutrition Officer.
- Investigate the reasons for slow weight gain, defaulting, absenteeism and share the findings with the Nutrition Officer.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- At least diploma in nursing or related field.
- Has minimum one year of experience working on similar positions preferable with INGOs.
- Nutrition certification is required (CMAM).
- Proven experience in emergency nutrition activities, including field experience in nutrition projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a health and nutrition team.
- Has good computer skills.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- This position is advertised for candidates from Washaha & Bakil Al-Meer districts, so qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight July 18, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted