Ended General Surgeon Specialist
Position: General Surgeon Specialist
Location: Al-Shaghaderah, Hajjah, Yemen
Reports to: Senior Project Officer
Duration: Till October 30, 2019 – Short Term Contract
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Physicians who treat diseases, injuries, and deformities by invasive, minimally-invasive, or non-invasive surgical methods, such as using instruments, appliances, or by manual manipulation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine patient to obtain information on medical condition and surgical risk and Prepare case histories.
- Examine patients to assess general physical condition
- Follow established surgical techniques and protocol during the operation.
- Operate on patients to correct deformities, repair injuries, prevent and treat diseases, or improve or restore patients' functions.
- Analyze patient's medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and examination results to verify operation's necessity and to determine best procedure.
- Prescribe preoperative and postoperative treatments and procedures, such as sedatives, diets, antibiotics, and preparation and treatment of the patient's operative area.
- Diagnose bodily disorders conditions and provide treatments, such as medicines and surgeries, in clinics, hospital wards, and operating rooms.
- Provide consultation and surgical assistance to other physicians and surgeons.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, residents, and other medical staff.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioners when necessary.
- Manage surgery services, including planning, scheduling and coordination, determination of procedures, and procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Examine instruments, equipment, and operating room to ensure sterility.
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Professional degree, University degree in Medicine (desired) And higher degree in surgery “Master, Doctorate, Board Degree” (desired).
- Two to three years’ professional experience in the same field.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports to meet required reporting deadlines.
- A strong team player and exercise sound judgment and make decisions quickly and independently.
- Competence with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet navigation.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Ability to deal with complex situation and solve issues and problems.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight July 18, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted