Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Position: Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Location: Al-Shaghaderah,Hajjah, Yemen
Reports to: Senior Project Officer
Duration: Till October 30, 2019 – Short Term Contract
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Provide medical care related to pregnancy or childbirth and those who diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system. May also provide general medical care to women.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods.
- Care for women during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Treat diseases of female organs.
- Treat chronic diseases or disorders
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Administer non-intravenous medications, Prescribe treatments or therapies.
- Perform ceasarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients' health and deliver babies safely.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Consult with or provide consulting services to other physicians.
- Perform additional tasks as seen necessary by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Professional degree, University degree in Medicine (desired) And higher degree in Obstetrics and gynecology “Master, Doctorate, Board Degree” (desired).
- Two to three years’ professional experience in the same field.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports to meet required reporting deadlines.
- A strong team player and exercise sound judgment and make decisions quickly and independently.
- Competence with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet navigation.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Ability to deal with complex situation and solve issues and problems.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight July 18, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted