Administrative Assistant (2)
|Posting Title:||Administrative Assistant|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Human Settlements Programme|
|Duty Station:||SANA'A - ADEN|
|Posting Period:||02 July 2019 - 22 July 2019|
|Job Opening Number:||19-United Nations Human Settlements Programme-119223-Individual Contractor|
Result of Service: The Administrative Assistants will support the National Programme Coordinators in both locations.
Work Location: (1 in Sana'a duty station) and (1 in Aden duty station)
Expected duration: 8 months
Duties and Responsibilities
Org. Setting and Reporting Relationships:
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable human settlements development and the achievement of adequate shelter for all. The two assignments is located in UNHABITAT Yemen Offices at Sana’a and Aden duty stations and will report to Head of Yemen.
UN-habitat Yemen Programme established presence in Aden and Sana’a in 2018 and has strengthened its thematic and operational initiative to cover many governorates, managed by two sub-offices in Aden and Sana’a. Therefore, the sub-offices will need administrative support, including but not limited to ICT, Admin, finance, HR, procurement and Logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct Supervision of the National Programme Coordinator, and in coordination with the operations staff based in Amman, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible to discharge the following duties: -
1. Assist in the operations transactions of Yemen Programme
2. Providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
3. Assist in mission plans documentation, international and local travel of staff, accommodation, security clearance, etc...
4. Support operations programme and staff through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication.
5. Archiving all Logistic, inventory and mission documentation and will be responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
6. Preparation of all office purchase requests and assist in the procurement process.
7. Support the HR Specialist in Amman in the preparation the packages for (recruitments, extensions).
8. Provide TCT support to the extend possible in coordination with the Communications and ICT expert in Amman.
9. Provide general support to visitors.
10. Perform other tasks as required.
Academic Qualifications: High school diploma.
Experience: 4 years of experience in logistics, HR and administrative functions, preferably in international organizations.
Language: Proficient in Arabic and English language.
Interested candidates should apply through the link below :