Ended Project Officer
Updated: The deadline has been extended to 27.07.2019
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type : 18th Months up to 31/01/2021
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : GRC ( German Red Cross ) - Sana’a
The PMER Officer will be responsible for supporting the design, planning and implementation of all monitoring and evaluation activities of GRC, based on the GRC Monitoring and Evaluation Framework. The key objectives are to support the data collection, monitoring and reporting efforts of the bilateral projects with the YRCS and the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement in Yemen as a whole.
The person will report to the Project Manager and work closely with the GRC team as well as YRCS staff to ensure monitoring plans are developed and implemented. He or she will conduct regular monitoring field visits, and will actively build the capacity of the YRCS. The PMER Officer will be required to develop and deliver trainings for YRCS staff and volunteers in data collection and basic monitoring tools.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Work closely with YRCS HQ and branches to strengthen data collection and analysis including organization of current data, checking documentation and avoiding duplication
- Contribute to the roll out and implementation of the Health Information System for health centres
- Work closely with the Project Manager to design a monitoring/data collection form/tool
- Train YRCS (branch and health facility) staff and volunteers on database functions and data entry and maintenance
- Responsible for the maintenance of the database and ensuring YRCS staff and volunteers are updated with changes and amendments to the system
- Manage the collection of data on the field as well as the data entry. Conduct field visits when necessary to check the quality of the data collected.
- Coordinates data collection, training, etc. with RCRC movement and ensure data is being fed into wider RCRC movement monitoring system
- Carry out other general tasks as requested by the Project Manager
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning
- Reviews data coming in from the field and ensures data accuracy and quality before entering it into the relevant database
- Continuously strives to improve knowledge of data collection, storage, and analysis methods
- Produces accurate data reports on current projects generated from different sources.
- Ensures that monitoring schedule, data collection targets, and reporting deadlines are adhered to.
- Keeps record of figures associated with the implementation of all activities and monitors these against established project targets and indicators
- Analyses data as requested by delegates to identify trends or answer specific questions related to the project / program
- Coordinate activities with RCRC movement, and actively participates in the movement joint data collection efforts..
- Contributes to donor reports with figures and analysis as requested by delegates
- Provides ad hoc reports summarizing field activities upon their completion
- Contributes to the overall RCRC movement data collection and reporting.
- High school diploma, technical education or professional degree in a related field
- Good command (spoken and written) of English
Professional Experience Required
- 2 - 3 confirmed years of work experience in a similar field and with an NGO or international organization
- An understanding of data protection and confidentiality of beneficiary information
- An understanding of data collection methods and the importance of beneficiary targeting
- Experience of maintaining databases
- Ability to monitor data collection and registration activities
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to articulate technical functions and issues in a simple and understandable manner
- Experience in training and capacity building is an advantage
- Knowledge of the RCRC Movement is an advantage
- Previous exposure to international humanitarian standards including the Red Cross Code of Conduct
- Ability to travel to different governorates within Yemen.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com indicating in the subject line: Project Officer
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 27.07.2019