Public Health Care Facilitators
|Position title||Public Health Care Facilitators - Yemeni Nationals Only|
|Place of performance||Multiple locations mainly in district levels, Yemen|
|Duration||up to 6 months (@21.75days/month)|
|Qualification||Bachelor's degree in in Social Science or related field..|
|Sector experience||Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant Humanitarian Aid experience and/or minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant Healthcare experience.|
|Geographical experience||Minimum of 2 year of experience in Middle East (essential).|
|Language||Fluency in Arabic (essential) and English (desirable).|
CTG Overview CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
- Given the dire humanitarian situation & needs, our client supports a wide range of health & nutrition responses across Yemen. This ranges from preparedness & reporting to the immediate needs of responding to the risk of famine, cholera, diptheria & measles outbreaks, to preservation of the collapsing health systems & at all levels in 2018, our client supported vaccination campaigns (Polio, MR,OCV, MNTE) service provisions in 965 ORC's & 37 DTC's, 3645 OTP's & about 4000 EPI centers including support to the health care facilities, running many mobile clinics selections, training & deployment of Community Health Workers, Community Health Volunteers & Community Midwives at a community level. Our client has supported the capacity building of GHO's as well (e.g. Training of HW's, Supply, technical assistance).
- Our client enabled the operationalization of over 130, otherwise closed health facility across Yemen. our client is currently supporting monthly payments to about 7000 health workers who otherwise have no salaries. This is significantly contributing to support the health systems & improve the motivation of health workers to keep 1900 primary health care facilities fully operational, at least to stay & provide PHC & basic life saving services to mothers, newborns & under 5 children.
- Our client also supports supervision at all health system levels including central, governate & district level. Each of the different programs like nutrition, IMCI, MNH & EPI, cholera have supervision mechanisms. In addition, since 2017, our client supports integrated supportive supervision through which all different program focal persons conducts joint supervision visits to the health facilities. In 2019 & beyond, in addition to maintaining & expanding its support to the above & other critical health & nutrition services, our client will focus on & invest in improving & strengthening the primary health care system n Yemen, including quality of care & services during the implementation of its health & nutrition program.
- Facilitate health facility/catchment are micro planning based on standard template locally adapted.
- Suggest DHO & facilitate the development of district health profiles that is based on micro planing process using a pre developed template, ensure its completeness & accuracy.
- coordinate & monitor monthly/quarterly meetings at the district level.
- Support district in documentation & follow up of the action points/recommendations from regular program reviews at district level for RI, selected MNCH & nutrition activities.
- Facilitate establishment of coordination platform for rapid response teams (Health & WASH with C4D as integral component) at district levels & provide regular feedback on rapid response.
- Implementation of outreach activities, supply management, waste management & infection prevention control for all health facilities.
- Oversight on supply chain system for essential medicines lists - H&N kits.
- Ensure HMIS registers & other data tools are available & used correctly in the facilities.
- Monitoring the immunization, MNCH, nutrition & WASH activities at HF & outreach sites as per micro plans & share findings with the health facility staff & district team for corrective measures as per monitoring formats.
- monitor & report stock outs for vaccines, non functional CCE, usage & appropriate charting of CCE temperature & any other findings pertaining to supply chain which need corrective measures as per monitoring formats.
- Monitor the establishment/quality functioning of Sick New Born Care Unit, Kangaroo Mother Care Centers, Use of Chlorhexidine & home based care of new born in their respective district & coordinate with MNCH/CHW's focal point to ensure that they collect & report data (on provided template).
- Monitor all training's conducted at district level supported by our client (MNCH, EPI, ACSM, nutrition).
Dissemination & reinforcement of information, handling onsite support:
- Provide technical assistance on data related to Hard to Reach (HTR) areas/communities.
- Facilitate & handhold health facility staff to establish & maintain a quality assurance mechanism based on basic standards & protocols.
- Facilitate & handhold health facility staff & community health workers on universal infection prevention measures (IPC).
- Implementation of best practices & policies (ex-use of Amox DT, Applications of CHX, delivery in the HF's).
- Linking between HF's & community based service providers (regular meetings at the HF level for CHW/V's to present their achievements & challenges).
- Undertake other relevant hand holding activities.
Deliverable's: Ensure quality of service provision through:
- Monthly data submissions on agreed up on indicators.
- Real time flagging of issues (ex-suspected outbreaks).
- PHC micro plans are available at the PHC facilities & the DHO's (including sketches of catchment populations).
- Maintain a PHC profile at a district level (includes verified list of HW's, outreach plans, ISS plans)
These roles reports to H&N Specialists/Officers in FO's.
Key competencies Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Science or related field.
- Computer literacy with a full knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Communications skills, social development oriented.
- Minimum 2 years experience in development related work.
- Previous work experience in health & nutrition sector is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in field work especially rural & hard to reach areas.
- Fluent in Arabic & basic knowledge of Arabic.
- Diversity & inclusion.
- Working with people
- Drive for results.
- Planning & organizing skills. Team management
This role does not have any team management responsibility.
Interested candidates should create a profile and apply on CTG careers website through below link :