Ended Mental Health Psychosocial Support Supervisor
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Position: Mental Health Psychosocial Support Supervisor (MHPSS supervisor)
Reporting to: Medical Coordinator
For our program in Yemen, we are looking for (Mental Health Psychosocial Support Supervisor (MHPSS supervisor)), based in Sana’a, to start as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the Medical Coordinator, the Mental Health Supervisor will be responsible for the following main activities:
- Providing technical support and supervision to MDM MHPSS staffs through regular field visits to the project sites in each district and maintaining daily communication and follow up of team’s activities
- Contribute to the implementation and design of the overall mental health and psychosocial support strategies, activities and resources in Yemen.
- Facilitate the delivery of a quality mental health & psychosocial support (MHPSS) for individuals and their communities as well as to improve Communities mental health and psychosocial well-being.
- Contribute to the integration of MHPSS component into existing and new programs according to HQ Mental Health Strategy
- Implement MHPSS Project activities with different stakeholders / partner organizations by preparing and implementing action and training plans, supervision sessions, field visits, training materials, and reporting and general follow up of all program related issues
- Mapping of MHPSS programs and service providers
- Report MHPSS Needs and Gaps.
- Prepare MHPSS Reports for Advocacy Uses.
- Supervise and provide technical follow-up to MdM MHPSS staff
- Provide technical support to MdM Yemen programs (specific MHPSS Program(s) and integration of the MHPSS component in existing or new programs)
- Plan, implement and follow up MHPSS activities implemented by MdM Yemen
- Assess MHPSS needs of the communities and provide regular updates of the MHPSS main stakeholders
- Collaborate to the MHPSS technical content of the project proposals
- Assess needs of training for MdM staff and assist in organizing and/or in providing trainings accordingly
- Report MHPSS activities according to MdM procedures
- Develop and/or adapt specific didactic materials for capacity building activities
- Keep and improve a referral system for MHPSS cases
- Keep and improve the current data collection system for MHPSS activities according with the needs of reporting
- Participate to specific mental health/psychosocial cluster meetings upon request from the direct supervisor.
- Attend technical meetings with partners upon request from the direct supervisor.
- Regular visits to the project location in both North and South and provide technical backstopping.
- Regular supervision meeting with the staff and provision of technical backstopping regarding dealing with psychosocial support cases.
- Responsible for conduct annual appraisals of staff under his/her direct supervision.
- Responsible for the follow up and approval working hours and leaves of the staff under his supervision in coordination with Medical coordinator.
- Contribute to weekly / monthly activities reports to line manager (Medical coordinator).
- Report to the direct supervisor monthly (mental health activities report to be sent in the first week of the month).
- Apply and respect MDM security rules in the mission.
- Maintain good socio-professional relationships with different stakeholders both national and international partners in order to have a smooth implementation of MDM project.
- Attend team meetings and to give qualitative input.
- If necessary, contribute in preparing emergency plans with the MDM-F team to adjust MDM-F activities and medical resources to the needs.
- Take part in advocacy and communication activities under the supervision of his/her supervisor.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services.
- Perform other additional duties on request of the medical coordinator and coordination team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Master’s in Psychology (highly desirable) with at least 2 years of proven experience in the field of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support.
- Public health / community health experience is an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as team leader or supervisor preferably in INGOs.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in mental health and psychosocial support issues in Yemen context.
- Experience in training program staff.
- Experience in team management.
Personal skills required:
- Strong Leadership/supervisory skills and attention to details.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to adapt to the context (flexible in performing his/her duties).
- Openness: knowing one’s limits and being capable of seeking information from others (opinion of experts, reference works, etc.).
- Strong mentorship skills.
- Ability to give effective presentations.
- Good relations with people, a taste for contact and like to work in team.
- Proficiency with word, excel and other special software.
- Data management and analysis.
- Ability to write assessment, monitoring reports.
- Good sense of organization is essential
- Send CV + cover letter (including job reference) to the email: email@example.com
- End of submission: Wednesday, 17th July, 2019.
- Please specify the name of the position applying for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates from local governorate are high encouraged to apply.
Thanks to note that only the persons who will be seen on tests/interviews will be contacted.