Ended Procurement and Logistic Officer
Job title: Procurement and Logistic officer
Responsible to: Project Manager
Duration: 9 months
Position Number: 1
Deadline: July 15th ,2019
Yemeni Development Network (YDN) for NGOs is ,non-governmental and non-profit established in 2003.YDN has been implementing an integrated program in Nutrition, Health and WASH in Yemen
Procurement and Logistic officer will in accordance with YDN Financial Rules and Regulations and Procurement Manual and funding agreements, the incumbent is responsible to ensure timely, cost effective and safe delivery of goods and services to project and to assist in the implementation of well-coordinated procurement and logistics activities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft the weekly & daily work plan
- Prepare all necessary documentation for handling logistics of goods and services procured in accordance with YDN rules and regulations, and any other documents as needed;
- Maintain the records on procurement process and related documents and files to ensure transparency and accountability;
- Maintain a database of goods in movement and deliveries completed.
- Draft correspondence related to procurement including letters to vendors, insurance claims, replacement of damaged equipment/goods as required;
- Raise purchase orders, seek approval and dispatch as and when required in connection with procurement procedures;
- Monitor deliverables under contracts awarded and prepare documentation for authorization of payments to suppliers;
- Follow up with Suppliers to ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and services and take up logistics coordination responsibilities as and when required;
- Regularly control the stocks management and follow up with the Store Keeper
- Must remain aware of all stock / materials movements between warehouses
- Ensure overall compliance with stock management procedures
- Supervise the computerized tracking of all deliveries and Stock Delivery reports;
- Control and secure Service Contracts with Suppliers of rented vehicles and trucks;
- Accounts for the overall compliance with the Communication and IT procedures;
- Manage the office’s telecommunication costs;
- Follow up on utilities bills, and submit them with Order Forms to Finance;
- Prepare reports and monitor administrative and project expenditure as appropriate;
- Undertake field missions when required,
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in a relevant field
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel and visit project field locations.
- A team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible under pressure, prioritizing and having commitment to meet deadlines.
- High skills in dealing with computer applications especially Microsoft Office applications.
- Drive for Results
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
If you are interested in this position, kindly follow the link below: