Ended Health and Nutrition Officer
Title: Health and Nutrition Officer
Responsible to: Project Manager
Duration: 9 months
Dead line: July 15th ,2019
Yemeni Development Network (YDN) for NGOs is ,non-governmental and non-profit established in 2003.YDN has been implementing an integrated program in Nutrition, Health and WASH in Yemen
Job General Summary
The Health & Nutrition Officer to provide professional technical assistance and support for program /project design, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and administration of program /project activities, including data analysis, progress reporting, knowledge networking and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with Health & Nutrition program goals and strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing accurate information, data analysis, and documentation timely to contribute to situation analysis, sectorial input and reporting.
- Implement work plan and objectives effectively and planned results are timely delivered through technical support and coordination.
- Enhance efficiency of project implementation and effectiveness through effective follow-up.
- Ensure that clinical protocols are accessible to medical staff in the field and support the team and adhered with them.
- Ensure treatment protocols for SAM and MAM cases are followed and understood at the HFs
- With support from health information system officer, ensure that production statistic for health & nutrition is collected, document and reported to senior managers.
- Ensure mechanism for reporting within respective health & nutrition areas is in place and adhered with.
- To conduct field visits to all sites of intervention, provide recommendations to senior managers and implement the action points.
- Coordinate with the community for the raising awareness activity and facilitate the work of the health and nutrition volunteers
- With support from project logistic, ensure proper management of pharmaceuticals and other medical supplies.
- Up-to-date program information is kept available and reports prepared to support the Health & Nutrition program by the effective implementation of integrated monitoring system.
- Identify project supply needs and coordinate with logistic team to ensure materials arrive on time.
- Prepare a distribution plan for all supplies planned to be provided in the project.
- Facilitates in-services trainings for health & nutrition staff and maintain a record of all trainings.
- Participate strongly in health & nutrition assessment and surveys.
- With support from Pharmacist, prepare procurement plan for medical items and process it after getting the approval from senior managers.
- Prepare a success story for the different implemented project and ensure satisfied documentation of the project.
- Provide regular and consistent technical assistance during project implementation by health workers and at health facilities and outreaches through monthly targeted On-Job-Training, regular mentorship and regular supervision with an aim of capacity building them.
- Contribute in the development of training materials, tools and facilitate health and nutrition related trainings for Health Workers e.g. CMAM and others.
- Support the systematic delivery of Health, Hygiene and Nutrition education messages to the target project beneficiaries and the entire community.
- Monitor and review medicines and nutrition supplies and equipment’s’ movements, storage, transport and utilization at the site level.
- Ensure proper documentation of achievements, lessons learnt, and best practice throughout the program implementation.
- Ensure that monthly reports are collected and compiled appropriately
- Compile statistical data and draft appropriate reports on activities.
- Analyze nutrition situation and prevailing trends and provide constructive written feedback for Health and nutrition field staff
- Provide monthly written reports on activities to the Project Manager and related program coordinators
Qualifications And Requirements:
- Hold an advanced degree in medicine, Nutrition, public health, or related field.
- One year of professional work experience in planning, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health programmes. Professional work experience in a programme management function or a technical expert capacity in child survival & health care.
3. Should be able to work with minimal supervision
4. Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
5. Previous experience working for NGOs\INGOs.
6. Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
7. Excellent Microsoft package skills (Ms Word, Ms Excel, Power-point)
8. Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
If you are interested in this position, kindly follow the link below: