Ended Field Office Technical Coordinator
Food and Agriculture organization of the United Nations
Terms of Reference of FAO-ERRY II Field Office Technical Coordinator
Job Title: FAO-ERRY II Field Office Technical Coordinator
Division/Department: FAO Representation in Yemen
Project: Enhanced Rural Resilience in Yemen (ERRY): UNJP-FAO/YEM/041/EC
Duty Station: Hudaydah – Yemen (With frequent Missions to Project sites in Hudaydah and Hajja Districts)
Expected Start Date of Assignment: ASAP
Duration: 6 months (renewable)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the overall supervision of FAO Representative in Yemen, the FAO Programme Unit and under the direct responsibility of the International Consultant Livestock Value Chain Specialist, CTA a.i and in close collaboration with the projects’ staff, the Field Office Technical Coordinator will assist in coordination and facilitating the entire project activities in project sites in Hudaydah and Hajja Governorates, helping in managing day-to-day activities and guiding field extension staff to ensure efficient and timely implementation of project activities. Specifically, he / she will carry out the following duties:
- Coordinate and Facilitate field works of project extension staff including implementation, monitoring, training, FFS.
- Assist in implementation of project interventions including field assessment, consultation meetings, identification of project Villages and beneficiaries and distributions;
- Timely collection and consolidation of monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports from implementing extension officers with compiling, summarizing reports and submission to central project management unit;
- Remain well informed and updated on all project activities in assigned and other adjacent targeted districts;
- Develop strong relationship and liaison with Local Authorities at Governorate and district levels;
- Prepare in Arabic language weekly, monthly and quarterly concept notes, project briefs and reports;
- Support FAO-ERRY II national and international staff with providing backstopping in activity planning and implementation at district/field level;
- Assist in synthesizing best practices and lessons learned from FAO-ERRY II project for sharing between programme participants as well as external partners and develop briefs on project achievements and documents, including lessons learned
- Represent FAO-ERRY II project and FAO in relevant fora
- Assist in close monitoring the implementation of projects activities for timely identification of problems, if any, with proven ability to problem-solving
- Synthesize successful results/lessons learned and prepare success stories.
- Prepare monthly / quarterly / annual progress reports (with detailed information regarding projects activities). Reports should be prepared in Arabic language for sharing with local partners, including Local MOAI Services
- Perform other related duties and activities as required by the project CTA a.i
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree (Master, PhD) in Agriculture with specialization agricultural crops or livestock value chain development.
- At least 15-20 Years experience with technical extension in agriculture / crops / livestock / irrigation preferably in Tehama areas. Experience with management / administration and coordination of extension staff in implementing field extension services with farmers in Tehama will be great asset.
- Excellent networking connection with Local Authorities, Services of MOAI and Farmers Association in Tehama for easy communication and facilitation of field extension staff.
- Excellent communication skills in Arabic (proven written, analytical, presentation and reporting skills and demonstrated computing skills). Reports should be prepared in Arabic language for sharing with local partners, including Local MOAI Services. English language is NOT OBLIGATION
SELECTION CRITERIA and COMPETENCIES
Demonstrated long experience With field extension services in Crop / livestock / irrigation areas in Tehama
Demonstrated capability to manage and coordinate implementation of project activities using local extension staff from MOAI and TDA.
Demonstrated ability to liaise with Local Authorities, Services of MOAI and Farmers Association in Tehama for easy communication and facilitation of field extension staff
Demonstrated capability of team player
Interested candidates must fill a Personal History form (attached) and must create below table and put it as a covering page to the email application.
Relevant experience (in 10 bullet points max, 100 words max)
Motivation for the position (in 30 words max)
- Project-based post
Completed Personal History form should be submitted along with a motivation letter by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate Name, Title and location of the position of this vacancy announcement.
Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
- Only candidates that comply with the above will be taken into account.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.