Ended Snr. Information Management Assistant
Vacancy Notice No. YEMAD/HR/2019/27
Title of Post: Snr. I.M. Assistant
Post Number: N/A
Type of contract: UNOPS
Location: Sub-Office Aden, Yemen
Date of Issue: 14/07/2019
Effective date of assignment: Immediately
Closing Date: 23/07/2019
Operational Context: (include details here on the “ideal” candidate – both in terms of soft skills, as well as technical/functional skills etc).
The Information Management Assistant assists in the production, collection and dissemination of information on UNHCR population of concern, including but not limited to Protection and Programme/Field information, based on standards and systems developed at Country Office level. The incumbent compiles data on populations of concern and on programmatic activities of UNHCR partners. S/he also supports the Protection Team in operationalizing protection monitoring systems.
Contacts are mainly with UNHCR colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss workplans. External contacts may be with UNHCR partners and - more limitedly - with the Protection Sector partners, in consultation with the Protection Officer and the Associate Protection Officer.
The position will be supervised by the Protection Officer and receive technical support from the IM Officer based in Sana’a. The incumbent will be required to independently on routine tasks, and will follow instructions of the supervisor for more complex issues. The position has no supervisory role. Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and with focal points in partner agencies.
Functional Statement: (to be taken from the job description)
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- The Office has sufficient support to deliver reliable, accessible and user-friendly, relevant, predictable, appropriate and timely information.
- Common data standards and information management system adopted by UNHCR country operation are followed
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Provide support to the needs assessments and needs analysis activities; manage platforms and tools that support data collection and analysis such as KoBo Toolbox.
- Assist in the collection of relevant information data from UNHCR Protection and other partners, in coordination with the relevant Units in the Office.
- Assists IM team in Data Analysis: organize, design and carry out the evaluation and analysis of needs assessment datasets through meaningful statistical techniques.
- Provide support on data management: design, develop and manage databases, spreadsheets and other data tools; understand, document, and ensure the quality of high-value humanitarian data for accuracy, consistency and comparability; consolidate information on a regular schedule to support analysis.
- Provide support on visualization: produce and update information products such as reports, charts and infographics by turning data into graphical products to convey messages and a storyline.
- Produce and update high-quality map products by using Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Assist in compilation of data and interpreting the statistics for various reports.
- Share UNHCR and Protection Sector data and information with partner agencies.
- Assist in developing and maintaining database management systems.
- Perform any other related duties as required and requested by the office.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- To decide on appropriate resolution to incidents
- Escalating incidents where they cannot be resolved at the office level
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of secondary education with certificate/training in Information Technology, Demography, Statistics, Geographic Information Systems, Information Management, Information Systems or a related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.).
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Experience in data processing, analysis and visualization, creation of reports.
- Previous experience in IM in a UN context will be an advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Experience in web design and software development is an asset.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- Knowledge of mapping applications.
- Able to prioritize work independently and able to multi-task
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
Candidates must meet the essential minimum requirements of the position and candidates not citizens of the country must comply with all eligibility requirements for employment in line with the prevailing legislative prerequisites in the country.
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation, signed Personal History Form and the Supplementary Bio Data table (Excel) by e-mail clearly stating the position title, vacancy notice number and your Last Name in the subject line to the below contact address by the closing date.
Snr. Human Resources Associate
Tel. contact: +967-2-231-441
The Personal History Form and its supplementary sheet is attached.
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees)