Ended FSL Coordinator
FSL Coordinator – Hodeida
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Programme has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a.
ROLE PURPOSE: This role will work collaboratively with members and all departments of the Country Office programme to ensure smooth management of development and humanitarian programme awards, sub awards and contracts, focusing on donor compliance and accountability. This position will also be responsible to build the capacity of staff and partner organizations.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordination with other external actors and sector teams within SCI to ensure complementarities and prevent overlap in targeted areas
- Compilation of all FSL project and beneficiary information which is then shared with FSL Manager and TA
- Working closely with FSL Field Officers, with support from FSL Technical Advisor and Manager, finalize appropriate beneficiary selection criteria and process for target areas
- Ensure all field staff are aware of beneficiary selection criteria and process
- Work closely with M&E team and field staff to ensure appropriate accountability mechanism is understood and accessible to beneficiaries. Support FSL field staff in responding to any feedback as needed.
- Coordinate closely with security teams to finalize distribution plans and ensure proper procedures are in place with support of FSL Manager
- With support from FSL Manager, coordinate with finance department in ensuring timely transfer of assistance to required locations in line with requests from field offices0
- Responsible for liaison with delivery agents to ensure availability of goods, quality of goods, compliance with the work plan, address any problems, and maintain regular communication
- Capacity building of field staff in relation to implementation and tools to be used
- Identify capacity building needs of field staff and appropriate opportunities to address these issues with support from the FSL Advisor
- Support the design of assessments and share information on needs and possible programme design with FSL Advisor to support strategy development
- Review field data (post-distribution monitoring and market price monitoring) and share with relevant staff for further action
- Works closely with implementing partners to oversee quality of work and provide technical support.
- Proven track record of supporting management team
- 2 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a discipline such as social sciences, geography, anthropology, business management, economics or other discipline relevant to urban/rural livelihoods.
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Previous experience of project management, including multi sector programmes
- Budget management experience
- Demonstrable experience of Monitoring and Evaluation and beneficiary accountability
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should apply through This Link
please mention the Job title and Location in the subject of the applicants email.
The deadline for receiving applications is 25/7/2019