Ended M&E Officer
JOB TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation M&E OFFICER
REPORTS TO: Programme Manager (Health and Psychosocial support),
TECHNICAL SUPPORT: YRCS HQ Health Coordinator, DRC Programme Delegate
DUTY STATION: YRCS Headquarters, Sana’a
BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
The Danish Red Cross (DRC) is continuing its long-term support to the Yemen Red Crescent Societies (YRCS) through a comprehensive program entitled “Community Services in Health and Action for Resilience – C SHARE”. The program timeframe is 36 months and target vulnerable communities and local authorities in the Hodeiah, Ibb, Mahweet, Sana’a (Amanat Alasimah) and Aden governorates in Yemen.
Reporting to the program coordinator, the M&E officer will work closely with the programs team to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of reporting related to C_SHARE program. The M&E officer is also responsible to monitor and report to management and stakeholders on programs. The M&E officer will work as main focal point for health and PSS M&E tools on C - SHARE program, and provides the tailoring M&E tools to the project with input from technical staff (health/PSS); roll-out of M&E tool, support data collection and analysis and drafting of narrative reports.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Implementation of project M&E plan
- Work closely with YRCS HQ and branches, CSHARE project team on the implementation of the M&E plan monthly, quarterly and annual.
- Assist in developing of formats for data collection for various programme activities; at community level, branch level and HQ level. These will need to be harmonized with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting needs for the programme.
- Identify needs and formats for internal and external planning, monitoring and reporting including evaluations.
- Assist and follow up on dissemination on programme information, in collaboration with the visibility and communication officer on activities and other programme events.
- Promote capacity building/ short trainings for programme team on M&E formats, data collection and data synthesis/analysis for report presentations.
Programme data collection and Reporting
- Assist in data collection, data synthesis, data analysis and presentation for various needs; dissemination, programme reports, donor reports
- Harmonize data collection across all branches and HQ, for consolidated qualitative/ quantitative reports of all C-Share program, for internal and external audience, including donors and partners.
- Ensure the quality reporting, through providing valuable feedback on reports generated by programme teams to meet donors and partners requirement.
Knowledge management on the programme
- Assist in facilitating and documenting lessons learnt, best practices, success stories, case studies on information from the branches/ HQ on programme activities.
- Support the process for conducting programme mid-term reviews, end of project evaluation, in accordance with policy, guidelines of YRCS, EU and Danish Red Cross.
- Participate in operational research activities as per need.
- Participate in dissemination for a for programme implementations aimed at exploring the progress, achievements and challenges in addition to sharing best practices.
- Collaborate with YRCS communication department and CSHARE Communication and visibility officer on programme needs.
- Liaise with other YRCS M&E department, other DRC supported programmes within YRCS.
Carry out other tasks signed by line manager.
VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
- Respect and act line with the YRCS staff regulations and Code of Conduct and the Fundamental Principles and Values of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Ensure and maintain the core competencies required to implement the tasks (a high degree of accountability, commitment to YRCS capacity building, a high level of technical capacity to ensure results and working effectively in teams and sharing knowledge and best practices through good communication skills).
- Ensure management competencies to manage performance in a way that enables the YRCS to achieve its objectives with enhanced planning and coordination capacities.
- A Yemeni national
- Relevant University Degree in Social Sciences, Programme Management or relevant fields. Candidate with Diploma level qualification but with relevant experience may be considered.
- At least 3 years of experience in work which include planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Experience in humanitarian/development field working with international partners
- High qualified in report writing skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office-Required
- Experience in setting up and managing database for program data, designing.
- Strong ability to communicate with people and colleagues at different levels
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks (good time management skills)
- Fluently spoken and written English-Required
- Applicants should submit their CVs with a cover letter (English and Arabic) to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org , not later than 24 July 2018.
- Please write the title of the position in the "email subject line "otherwise you will not be considered Position’s Job description should be requested from the mentioned email ad