Ended Project Officer (Health)
JOB TITLE: PROJECT OFFICER HEALTH (PO Health) – Yemen Red Crescent Societies (YRCS)
REPORTS TO: TBD (Senior Health Officer – program Health manager at HQ)
DUTY STATION: YRCS in 2 Branches (Mahweet and Sana’a)
BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
The Danish Red Cross (DRC) is continuing its long-term support to the Yemen Red Crescent Societies (YRCS) through a comprehensive program entitled “Community Services in Health and Action for Resilience – C SHARE”. The program timeframe is 36 months and target vulnerable communities and local authorities in the Hodeiah, Ibb, Mahweet, Sana’a (Amanat al Simah) and Aden governorates in Yemen.
Working as technical support for health aspect on C - SHARE program at the governorates level, in close coordination with PM Health at HQ level, the PO health provides regular technical advice to Branch Project Officers; s/he will travel to five branches for required assistance. This position will also ensure strong internal coordination among health and PSS team in the program.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the development of detailed program implementation plan based on approved log frame and budget in coordination with Branch Project Officer.
- Ensure adequate coordination and integration between health and PSS during planning process.
- Ensure program lessons learned captured in annual review is included on planning for the following year.
Program Implementation Guidance and Monitoring
- In conjunction with Branch Project Officer, s/he ensures health activities in respective branches are implemented according to policy, guidelines and SOP (as required) from YRCS, EU and DRC.
- In close coordination with Branch Project Officer and PM Health at HQ s/he will provide input on the development of health related training materials for primary health care staff.
- Provide technical support to Branch Project Officer to carry out assessment at health facility at governorate level, using national and/WHO standard and along with Branch Project Officer make a priority list in coordination with PM Health.
- Along with Branch Project Officer carry out assessment on service assessment of health facilities for accessibility, technical capacity incl. gender and diversity aspects of services.
- Facilitate trainings for community based health program staff and volunteers, as required.
- Facilitate trainings for clinic and outreach staff, as required.
- Undertake regular field visits as well as provision of feedback to respective staff and volunteers for program’ quality assurance.
- When required, undertake field visits along with Branch Project Officer for health quality assurance.
- Provide input to monthly/quarterly/annual report to Project Officers and ensure indicators are captured correctly.
- Ensure to include lessons learned on PSS as a part of the reports.
Reviews and Evaluation
- Actively involves, including during planning phase, in program reviews and evaluations in coordination with Branch Project Officer and Health Manager at HQ level.
- Follow up on the implementation of the recommendations from reviews and evaluations in cooperation with the YRCS staff and volunteers.
- Along with Branch Project Officer ensure effective coordination with health program stakeholders including government, UN agencies, I/NGOs etc. at respective governorates level to create synergies and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Facilitate communication/lessons learned sharing among branches to improve PSS program planning and implementation.
Carry out other tasks signed by line manager.
VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
- Respect and act line with the YRCS staff regulations and Code of Conduct and the Fundamental Principles and Values of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Ensure and maintain the core competencies required to implement the tasks (a high degree of accountability, commitment to YRCS capacity building, a high level of technical capacity to ensure results and working effectively in teams and sharing knowledge and best practices through good communication skills).
- Ensure management competencies to manage performance in a way that enables the YRCS to achieve its objectives with enhanced planning and coordination capacities.
- A Yemeni national between 35 to 55 years old.
- A bachelor degree in psychology, social sciences or relevant fields.
- At least 4 years of experience in program management which include planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting as well coordination with authorities and other partners.
- Experience in humanitarian/development field working with international partners
- Report writing skills-Required
- Computer literacy in MS Office-Required
- Effective workload management skills and ability to use initiative to solve problems
- Able to work independently and execute tasks in a reliable and competent manner
- Strong ability to communicate with people and colleagues at different levels
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks (good time management skills)
- Fluently spoken and written English-Required
Applicants should submit their CVs with a cover letter (English and Arabic) to email address: email@example.com , not later than 24 July 2018.
Please write the title of the position in the "email subject line "otherwise you will not be considered Position’s Job description should be requested from the mentioned email ad