Ended WASH Program Manager
WASH Program Manager
Division : Programs.
Location : Sana’a
Reports to : Programs Director
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The WASH Programme Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of all WASH program activities. Responsibilities shall include developing monthly plans ensuring the implementation of all activities to achieve expected results, staff supervision and mentoring, reporting and data collection, identification of unmet needs and participation in the office coordination team.
- Manage WASH program to meet the projects’ objectives within budget and allotted time frame.
- Prepare the implementation project plans with participation of project team.
- Continuously monitoring and supervising WASH activities, overseeing the technical design, execution and evaluation of progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to program manager, donor and other applicable timeframes and formats.
- Ensure that minimum standards of technical quality are adhered in all engineering activities and interventions, which are technically appropriate, suitable for the given emergency stage, realistic and on budget.
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to ensure awareness of project objectives, and opportunity for feedback.
- Ensures that all Projects expenses according to the available budget and the Logistic procedures and financial system.
- Participate in the relevant cluster meetings and other related forum at district or governorate level.
- Be directly responsible for the technical guidance, management and implementation of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Program
- Ensure that implementation of project in accordance with the proposals and donor requirements, on-time, on-budget and expected quality.
- Preparing a staff working schedule according to their assigned tasks.
- Document and share lessons learnt in a comprehensive and detailed manner to enable track trends on changes on a timely basis
- Capacity and ability to build trust and relationships to organize people and manage performance of team.
- Liaise with the authorities, committees and other beneficiaries.
- Maintain good relations between the team and the target population.
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues, and inform the hierarchy accordingly.
- Participate in the development of new proposals
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- At least 4 years work experience in a relevant field.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Excellent team management skills.
- Ability to plan and deliver results in the field and ability to develop team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the community, supervisors and colleagues.
- Trustworthy and able to manage resources effectively.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Commitment to the aims and Humanitarian principles with respect and dignity, while working towards protecting beneficiaries.
- Understanding of the social, political and economic context of the Country.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- Strong planning organizational skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
- Ability to write reports in both English and Arabic language professionally.
- Be a team player and ready to collaborate with others in positive manner.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter email@example.com by Monday, Jul 22nd, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.