Ended WASH Program Coordinator (2)
WASH Program Coordinator (2)
Division : Programs.
Location : Sa’adah & Ibb.
Reports to : WASH Program Manager
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The WASH coordinator is responsible for the planning and implementation of all WASH program activities in the field. Responsibilities shall include developing monthly plans, ensuring the implementation of all activities to achieve expected results, staff supervision and mentoring, reporting and data collection, identification of needs and participation in the office coordination team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute and Supervision at all of activities under the project.
- Work closely with field project staff to ensure that activities are completed within the specified timeframe and to acceptable level of technical and program quality ,
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of Wash project in collaboration with internal and external stake holders; monitor budget utilization of the project and report deviations and/or issues requiring donors’ or Management’s attention.
- Develop Suggestions and Field Manuals for improving the performance Indicators in the Project.
- Lead the Project Team and providing Support and capacity building.
- Lead and coordinate the project; enhance its effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability.
- Ensure that the project are in accordance with international Standards and local regulations.
- Ensure that gender, protection, HIV, the environment, and other important crosscutting concerns are taken into account in program design, implementation, and reporting
- Provide technical assistance and advice to the Program team, Area Offices and local partners in the area of WASH; including facilitation of the Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) approach (If any).
- Where challenges arise, ensure that these are flagged early, communicated to the Field Manager and addressed in an appropriate and timely way.
- Technically lead program activities especially training and ensure that they are being implemented within the organization’s quality standards.
- Coordinate across different program activities to ensure that they are synchronized in a logical order.
- Supervise direct reports ensuring that they are empowered to achieve their performance objectives and program results ,
- Conduct performance reviews of direct reports and support them to set performance objectives ,
- Identify any staffing issues (day-to-day management and/or technical issues) and coordinate closely with the Field Manager to resolve them.
- Ensure that all program data is properly and regularly collected by field staff, and check them.
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reports.
- Participate in team reviews of results and program progress.
- Represent the organization and the program with government and non-governmental agencies to explain the program, secure their support and follow up with them on progress.
- Actively participate and play a leadership role in the office Coordination Team bringing key issues, proposing solutions and collaborating with other teams to build efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with Water and Sanitation experience, or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in WASH sector in a humanitarian or development context.
- Ability and knowledge and experience of working with Local, rural communities and local government authorities.
- Previous experience of WASH project management and program coordination, implementing WASH programs within donor constraints, on time and within budget.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong understanding of water, sanitation and hygiene situation in the community.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven leadership and management skills including planning and budget tracking capacities.
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene promotion.
- Ability to supervise and mentor staff to achieve results.
- Strong English as well as strong Arabic skills, written and spoken.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, Jul 22nd, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title and the name of the city you are applying for in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.