Ended WASH Program Officer
WASH Program Officer
Division : Programs.
Location : Aden
Reports to : WASH Program Manager
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The WASH Officer is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of WASH projects. He/she will also ensure strong collaboration and coordination with the WASH sub-national cluster and stakeholders.
- Lead expansion and growth of the WASH Programming including leading assessments, design workshops and proposal writing.
- Lead the efforts in the identification of funding opportunities for WASH interventions.
- Participate in the follow-up of the humanitarian situation in the country, the context of intervention and analyze the WASH humanitarian situation; and report to the senior management.
- Ensure gender mainstreaming in all WASH activities.
- Identify public, non-profit and private organizations for cross learning for the development and implementation of WASH programs.
- Facilitate monitoring of WASH projects (field visit, regular programme monitoring, budget forecast, staff evaluation and planning, donor’s reports, monthly reports, etc.).
- Responsible for the development of all WASH projects in the form of draft project concept notes, preparation and writing of WASH proposals and projects reports (log frame, narrative, budget).
- Supervise and evaluate the WASH projects' subordinates.
- Liaising with donors, authorities, research institutes, partner organizations, NGOs, government bodies, and clusters at sub-national/country level.
- Ensure timely program planning, implementation and reporting of both short and long-term livelihoods program activities.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure all information is tracked according to livelihood program needs and donor requirements.
- Lead the generation of regular reports/program updates for sharing both internally and externally.
- Represent the organization at the relevant cluster meetings and other WASH focused coordination forums such as early recovery, staying abreast of new practices and trends, as well as reporting on the organization’s work.
- Prepare projects' documents and other material to develop or promote coordination and advocacy activities.
- Establish positive relations and close collaboration with other agencies involved in WASH programs in Yemen.
- Ensures information is efficiently communicated between the sub office and the head office.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with Water and Sanitation experience, or related fields.
- Proven ability to lead and work effectively with others to achieve results
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to operate under pressure
- Strong people management skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation capacity
- Excellent coordination, reporting and presentation skills
- Proficiency in English and good interpersonal skills.
- Dynamic and creative
- Ability to manage stress, multi-task, take decisions
- The ability to work independently using own initiative to solve problems (focusing on solutions)
- A team player and willing to shoulder additional responsibilities
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter email@example.com by Monday, Jul 22nd, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.