Ended Project Assistant
Food and Agriculture organization of the United Nations
Terms of Reference: NPP
Minimum number of years of relevant experience required: 5yrs
Job Title: PROJECT ASSISTANT
Post level: Division/Department:
Program: Programme/Project Number: 040
Expected Start Date of Assignment: July 2019
Duration: 6 months (renewable) including a 3-month probation period
Title: Programme Officer
General Description of task(s) and objectives to be achieved
To perform a set of specialized and process-oriented tasks related to project activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative (FAOR) and under the direct supervision of the ProAct CTA/Cash Based Interventions Programme officer, the Project Assistant will do the following tasks:
- Assist the project staff in providing logistic and administrative support for the delivery of the project/Cash Based Interventions in general including following up on contracts/procurement, transportation and delivery of inputs,
- Support arrangements for international/domestic travel, hotel arrangements, security requests and other logistical details for FAO staff and visitors
- Contribute to project administration work (including making and receiving phone calls, organizing meetings, trainings and workshops, and preparing meeting minutes as required)
- Keeping financial records, handling the petty cash and preparing a monthly financial record stating all inputs and expenditures with the corresponding justifying and official documents.
- Support the preparation of correspondences letters with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) as required
- Translate papers and presentations from Arabic to English and vice versa, update projects files ensuring the correct format is used.
- Maintain a filing system of administrative and financial documents.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education –University degree in Social Sciences, business administration (or any related field)
- 2 year relevant in programme support functions
- Fluency in English and Arabic Language.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange, Oracle, GRMS, or any related software) etc.
- Ability to use information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries,
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with excellent skills to work under pressure.
- Systematic, organised, well-structured,.
- Result Focus
- Strong communication, negotiation, problem solving and presentation skills
- Ability to plan, coordinate, implement and report
- Ability to work within a team of professional staff from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds
- Self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision
- Cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable
Interested candidates must fill a Personal History form (attached) and must create below table and put it as a covering page to the email application.
Relevant experience (in 10 bullet points max, 100 words max)
Motivation for the position (in 30 words max)
- Project-based post
Completed Personal History form should be submitted along with a motivation letter by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate Name, Title and location of the position of this vacancy announcement.
Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
- Only candidates that comply with the above will be taken into account.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.