Ended Project Assistant (CCCM)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : PROJECT ASSISTANT (CCCM)
Organizational Unit : Camp Coordination & Camp Management (CCCM)
Duty Station :IBB
IOM Classification: M 5 – MPH contract
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) MPH contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : CFCV2019/133
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Sunday 28th , July 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Programmes Coordinator (Shelter/NFI/CCCM/WASH) and the direct supervision of the National Project Officer (CCCM), the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for the following: Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the National Project Officer (CCCM) assist in monitoring work of the CCCM teams and implementing partners in Ibb and Taizz governorates;
- Go on regular field visits to monitor project implementation and provide on-site technical guidance to the teams; organize regular meetings with the field teams to monitor progress, set objectives, and build the capacity of the staff;
- Proactively identify implementation issues, and suggest mitigation measures to the supervisor to ensure that the implementation is as per the Work Plan;
- Follow up on all administrative matters related to CCCM activities; including follow up with the Procurement & Logistics Unit to ensure timely procurement of goods and adequate use of resources and other issues, including HR staffing issues to the superiors;
- Engage local communities throughout the project cycle to promote participatory approaches, local capacity building and sustainable solutions;
- Coordinate with partners, agencies and relevant government counterparts with regard to projects implementation while representing IOM coordination meetings as required or instructed.
- Provide weekly progress updates, prepare success stories, and provide inputs to donor reporting as required; send ad hoc situation analysis/activity reports whenever needed.
- In coordination with the National Project Officer, promote accountability to the beneficiaries, in order to streamline mechanisms in place to ensure transparent targeting; support in ensuring that the community feedbacks are considered, and complaints are addressed in a timely manner;
- Promote gender equality within the team and in the programme implementation;
- Perform any other tasks as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree (B.Sc.) in social science, business administration or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum Five Years (Three years for bachelor’s degree holders) Camp Management or Emergency Response related positions, with good understanding of the socio-political context in Yemen; contextual understanding of Ibb and Taiz would be advantageous;
- Excellent understanding of emergency humanitarian programs
- Excellent writing skills
- Professional experience with UN agencies or other international organizations would be an asset.
- Excellent level of IT literacy (MS. Word & Excel)
Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied on subject line by Sunday 28th July 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line CFCV2019/133 Project Assistant (CCCM) M5
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 15th.July.2019 to 28th.July.2019