Ended Female Medical Doctor for ER
VACANCY: Female Medical Doctor for ER (Women only)
Position status: Full-time
Location: Addahi Hospital – AlHudaidah
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Treat patients in life-threatening conditions. Resuscitate or stabilize patients and refer them to the appropriate medical departments according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF Emergency Room protocols and values and universal hygiene standards.
- Diagnose and treat life threatening illnesses and injuries in the hospital emergency room.
- Assess and take decision whether to discharge, treat, or admit patients arriving in the emergency room according to pre agreed admission and discharge criteria of MSF Hospital.
- In cases of severe acute trauma or illness, resuscitate and/or stabilize the patient by administering medications and conducting life-saving surgical procedures that alleviate the medical crisis and prepare the patient for further treatment in a medical or surgical intensive care unit. Facilitate the early transfer out of the ER patients to concerned units within the 6 hour time frame for definitive treatment
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Ensure the proper completion of ER form of the patient, handover the doctors copy at the end of the shift, to enable accurate data and analysis for better quality care and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Report to line manager immediately any deficit/discrepancy/medical error in patient care related activity to take immediate remedial action
- Punctuality in taking over shifts, flexibility in duty, proper hand over of patients at bed side to incoming colleague, participating in rounds if done during their duty with expat MD and ER in charge, being cooperative about resolving patient care issues is mandatory and violation will be viewed as non compliance of agreed terms in contract.
- Leaving the ER department during duty hours without informing line manager or mutual exchange of duty without colleagues without informing Expat MD will have complications with incentive payment and will not be taken into account at the end of the month
- Participation in weekly training to discuss about medical issues, and update knowledge is mandatory and is binding as per the contract
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Participate in data collection.
- Medical Doctor Degree. Medical licence essential.
- 2 years of previous experience essential, and experience in ER, ICU or IPD desired
- Arabic and English essential.
- Able to react quickly and make crisp decisions in an atmosphere of crisis
- Capacity to work in an extremely high-pressure environment
- Able to multitask and pay attention to details
- People Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results oriented, Teamwork
- Female gender is required in order to be able to provide appropriate examination for female patients.
All interested applicants should submit a CV, cover letter, copy of ID card and supporting documents
To Addahi Hospital CV drop box or to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
with subject: “2019_117_Medical Doctor
Deadline for the submission of Applications is Saturday, July 20th, 2019, at 5 PM
Do NOT hand in original documents! All copies will be kept with MSF.
Please note that MSF DOES NOT accept any form of bribe in its recruitment process or decision.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted!