Ended Case Management Supervisor
National Staff Position
Position: Case Management Supervisor (CMS) for PWSNs, SGBV and CP (1 posts available)
Job site: 1 position in Aden (Al-Buraiqa)
Report to: Activity Coordinator and Protection Coordinator
Project Title: Provision of emergency primary & secondary health & nutrition services, with integration of protection services, for conflict and displacement affected people, in Aden and Hajjah Governorates,
The project targets Al-Buraiqa district in Aden, providing protection services integrated with emergency health and nutrition services, for conflict and displacement affected people.
INTERSOS will run a community center in Al-Buraiqa, to address the protection needs of the IDPs and HC and to provide for community-based protection response and prevention activities for conflict-affected population (IDPs, returnees and host community). The project provides emergency protection services for the most vulnerable, targeting Persons with Specific Needs (incl. persons with disabilities), Child Protection cases and GBV survivors, legal assistance, integrating protection activities with health, providing individual case management services and collective PSS provided from a community center (CC) or a HF, while community volunteers ensure community acceptance, outreach and referral. Community awareness and information sharing on services and protection related issues will be tailored per target, age and gender group.
The Case Management Supervisor (CMS) is the key actor in the management of individual cases of PwSN, SGBV and CP, approaching or being referred to the Community Centre (CC). The case management supervisor will ensure supervision of any cases approaching the CC directly or per referral, overseeing identification, assessments, psychosocial first aid (PSFA) and psycho-social counselling (PSC), action plans for case referral (internal or external), direct service provision, case follow up and closure of the case.
The CMS monitors and supervises the social workers in terms of: guiding principles/SoPs of PwSN, SGBV and CP case management including survivor centred approach, confidentiality, safety, do not harm and non-discrimination.
- Supervise the timely identification and assessment of individual PwSN, SGBV and CP cases by INTERSOS social workers;
- Supervise the activities related to individual case management for PoC in the CC with accordance to all CM steps and related tools and procedures;
- Supervise case referral in line with PoC consent and per available referral pathways and service providers (health, legal services, psychologist, safe shelter, etc.);
- Ensure quality case documentation: manage, fill, archive specific forms for cases profiling, referral and weekly reporting ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeless;
- Decide upon findings of needs assessment, advice to CC Coordinator, to include PoC for the provision of financial and/or material assistance and ensure follow-up on the outcomes of the case and assistance provided;
- Ensure that all emergency cases are addressed immediately and shared with the CC coordinator for possible intervention;
- Support and manage social workers in their daily activities; ensure distribution of tasks within the team, ensuring proper and timely information flow, supervision and provide timely advice in complex cases;
- In collaboration with Activity Coordinator, work closely with the other organizations in order to ensure smooth referral and monitoring of required follow-up actions;
- Provide for coaching and training for social workers based on identified needs and gaps;
- Organize case management meetings with social workers on weekly basis to discuss updates on achievements and challenges and other relevant service providers when needed;
- Regularly inform the Activity Coordinator on the conditions of individual cases and/or make prompt reports and bring to the immediate attention of the Coordinator any case of special needs – especially protection cases at risk;
- Ensure clear oversight and reporting of all required information for case management meetings to the Activity Coordinator and Protection coordinator.
- Develop appropriate prevention and awareness sessions on PwSN, SGBV, CP through joint work with social workers, COVs and communities.
- Support the Reporting Officer and the Activity Coordinator in the redaction of the monthly report, trend analysis and any other related documents, according to the established deadlines; this includes any kind of urgent report as well.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers and local government authorities for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing.
- Conduct monthly case audits on 10% of files and records kept by INTERSOS social wokers and reported regularly to Protection Coordinator. Help and facilitate quarterly Case management auditing for 10% of the file and records conducted by Protection coordinator.
- Oversee the handing of the hotline and ensure production of weekly Hotline reports for responding to Protection Emergency Cases (open 24 hours), who will be handled by social workers (weekly rotation system).
- Any other task, not here listed but related to INTERSOS protection intervention.
- Hold a BA in social services.
- At least 4 years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for SGBV and CP.
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways.
- Strong collaboration, representation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems relevant to case management
- Readiness and ability to move around in Yemen (North, Central and South) to support case auditing and capacity building efforts for local partner associations
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Experience in case auditing is desirable.
- Native Arabic
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 22 July 2018
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation);
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand or to a different email address will be not considered);
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!