Ended Emergency Coordinator
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE: Emergency Coordinator
Duration: Till 31 Dec 2019 (renewable)
Assignment : The Emergency Coordinator leads Action Contre Le Faim emergency response.
He/she has a key accountability in external and internal coordination mechanism, and strategically manage, technically supervise, programmatically develop ACF RRM in Yemen.
He/she reports to the Deputy Country Director – Programs and works closely with the RRM Consortium Coordinator.
Based in Sanaa, with frequent field visits for the purposes of program monitoring, technical supervision and quality assurance.
1- : Define the modalities, strategy, methodology of the RRM programme
- Ensure that high quality assessments are conducted, responses are rapid, timely, relevant, well planned and meet the minimum standards.
- Conduct frequent field visits for the purposes of programme monitoring, technical supervision and quality assurance.
- Review existing assessment and reports tools, if needed.
- Review thresholds for intervention and validate responses.
- Train the Emergency team on rapid multi-sectorial assessment tools and reporting.
- Review assessment and intervention reports prior external sharing.
- Ensure that the responses are effectively and harmoniously implemented as one program, by developing coordination and communication framework, holding technical exchanges.
- Generating, lessons learnt and best practices applicable to both bases.
2- Coordination and Monitoring of the Emergency Projects
- Develop the necessary M&E and implementation tools to ensure high quality programming, in collaboration with MEAL department.
- Work closely with relevant HoDs to ensure the creation and use of tools for all sectors included in the emergency implementation.
- Ensure that Emergency program is integrated with ACF sectorial departments (WASH, FSL, H&N, and MHCP) by working with program HoDs in efforts of identifying strategies, needs, synergies and opportunities for integrated rapid responses addressing the immediate needs of beneficiaries.
- Provide monitoring framework to ensure program quality either through coordination with the program HoDs and Program Managers at field level.
- Oversee the program budget and the timely implementation of the program in line with the timeline and objectives through timely and accurate reporting, monitoring project outputs against planned targets and suggesting adjustments/improvements where necessary.
- Review in coordination with the Program Managers and support departments, the needs of the different bases for providing effective rapid response.
- Conduct regular field visits (if security allows) and monitor the project and produce technical field visit reports with clear recommendations for field teams.
- Analyse the results of the Post Distribution Monitoring and proposing solutions for improving our responses.
- Consolidate data and information management around Emergency response, and regularly share with Coordination Team.
- Facilitate capitalization and lesson-learning exercises around the roll out of the Emergency intervention in Yemen – internally and externally where applicable.
- Develop the Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPRP) strategy.
3- External coordination with humanitarian partners and authorities
In close collaboration with the RRM Consortium Coordinator:
- Review/edit and validate assessment and intervention reports produced by Program Managers to be shared with relevant partners.
- Ensure Coordination of Emergency responses with other humanitarian partners possessing emergency response capacity to avoid overlapping/facilitate synergies at field level through Emergency programme managers
- Act as Focal Point for UNICEF at National level for the RRM project (quarterly meetings, information sharing, regular updates, project review, etc…) and with Consortium Coordinator.
- Ensure representation and that humanitarian needs identified in assessments are advocated for with Sub-Clusters and other inter-agency forums, particularly on the recommendations produced by the Emergency assessment reports, to increase needs coverage where gaps identified or for long term interventions.
- Map out and attend relevant coordination forums at the national level to ensure adequate coordination with relevant working groups (including Assessment Working Group) around Emergency Intervention in Yemen.
- Initiate dialogue and regular updates with donors, local authorities and National level cluster leads on progress related to Emergency programme in Yemen.
- Participate in relevant and related Emergency programme meetings with other Emergency patners or in Emergency national meetings with partners or relevant stakeholders meetings.
- Liaise with Program HoDs to ensure updates related to Emergency programme are well articulated.
4- Technically support the Emergency Team
- Participate in the recruitment of the Emergency Team as per HR policy and provide continuous orientation/training on the methodology and tools.
- Assess and update the needs of the program in terms of human resources in the different areas of implementation.
- Provide managerial and technical guidance to the team including action plans, and support to provide feedback on appraisals according to ACF procedures.
- Participate in preparedness and capacity building initiatives for Emergency staff, ACF coordination staffs, and partners.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor degree or high level education in social science or similar
- Minimum four years’ experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Expertise in shelter/WASH, FSL and aid programming
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Capacity of team working
- Good knowledge on computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Level of the position: Manager.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to email@example.com or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 29 July 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.