Ended Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation is a leading non-profit, & non-governmental humanitarian agency with a mission to fighting poverty and hunger, assisting people in crisis-affected areas and contributing effectively in promoting the sustained peace and developing local communities
Tamdeen Youth Foundation would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Number of position : 1
Duty Station: Sana'a
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF) is a leading non-profit, non-governmental organization powered by the belief of better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, over all Yemen, we partner to fight poverty and hunger, helping people success over adversity, and promoting sustainable peace by building stronger communities within now and for the future.
The M&E unit exists to strengthen the monitoring efforts of TYF’s Yemen relief programs. The M&E unit will provide a technical support service to programs. The aim of the M&E unit will be to assist programs in specific activities that help quantify, analyze, and document the impacts and outputs of TYF’s programs including data collection, data management, data analysis, and mapping,. The M&E Unit will:
- conduct surveys and assist in monitoring activities that help evaluate program success
- manage program data, including information that is collected by programs and the M&E Unit, this will include database support and design
- map program activities for use in program planning, implementation, and evaluation
- provide regular reports and summary information to Program Managers and Senior Management
- participate in other monitoring and evaluation activities including collaboration in field and program based research
[Describe overview of job missioGENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager is a key position in the Tamdeen Youth Foundation Yemen responsible for cross-cutting programmatic information management, monitoring and evaluation, ensuring that information collected is reflected upon, used to improve ongoing programs, and is incorporated into consistently high quality reports and proposal development. The MEL Manager will be responsible for developing (in partnership with project staff), coordinating, maintaining and constantly improving the nation-wide M&E system, as well as training M&E staff in each office. In addition, the position holder is responsible for ensuring that the reports generated by each field office are timely and of a high quality and that the data can be validated. This will be achieved through staff capacity building and necessary training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Strategy & Vision
- Develop country MEL strategy, provide leadership to field offices in developing individual program level M&E systems that inform and improve each program, as well as feed into the broader nation-wide M&E system and country strategy.
- Lead and develop an M&E team country team and also the M&E officers assigned to each program in developing and maintaining a system that improves the country’s ability to analyze and represent impact to donors, government, colleague agencies, and communities themselves.
- Participate in country management meetings and country-wide strategy sessions.
- Use existing TYF resources train M&E and program teams in the area of monitoring and evaluation and report writing.
- Ensure that all programs have the following tools: Detailed MEL Plan with defined Indicators, MEL Calendar, Indicator Tracking Table, research protocol and Databases for analysis, interpretation and reporting.
- Supervise, hire and orient new team members as necessary.
- Build the capacity of all relevant team members to develop and maintain an excellent M&E system, including training on Tola (digital tool developed by TYF) and the periodic reflection and analysis of program monitoring data to disseminate learning.
- Develop plans to mentor and coach staff to build their capacity to enable them to develop excellent reports and other documents.
M&E System Development
- Lead efforts to establish an M&E unit that will facilitate M&E for all programs and collaborate closely with Program Managers in developing and establishing of the M&E system, one that serves the needs of the overall of the Yemen portfolio and the field officers.
- Support all country programmes independent M&E efforts to ensure high quality M&E at the program level as well as build a nationwide system that captures and presents results at a national level.
- Design and maintain a M&E system with utility and program quality in mind, providing managers and their teams real time information that can steer program implementation as well as informing donors and strategic program direction and that helps strategize future programme interventions.
- Work with senior management to address shortfalls in M&E that affect program implementation and conduct internal DQAs.
Monitoring and Evaluation/ Assessments
- Assist in designing programs that incorporate Tamdeen Youth Foundation standards on design, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Coordinate and play a role in assessments as requested. Provide input as to M&E systems and act as a link to Field M&E staff.
- Set up and supervise the country M&E programs including hiring, orienting and supervising M&E staff as appropriate.
- Play a central role in all evaluation, design and implementation and developing the capacity of a national team to conduct internal evaluations.
- Regularly conduct project site visits to provide hands-on training to field staff on how to capture and organize information for accurate documentation and reporting.
- Assist the program implementation team by providing timely and accurate indicator reporting and/or baseline/endline reports.
- Develop the capacity of the team, deepen understanding of their roles and assist with career development.
- Assist team members with information, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one on ones and performance reviews.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Play an active role in hiring, orienting and leading team members as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Tamdeen Youth Foundation as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Tamdeen Youth Foundation team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
M & E team
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Executive Director
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Program Managers, Operations Manager, Finance Manager
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters or equivalent in a field related to Humanitarian or International Development or relevant fields is preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of experience providing coordination or management support to program implementation
- Experience working in the Middle East region and high risk context preferred.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders, and to play a leadership role in convening groups. Astute skills in relationship building and coordination.
- Extensive experience with monitoring and evaluation, information management, and other learning efforts.
- Excellent writing and communications skills required.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently to Tamdeen Youth Foundation project sites and field locations, including traveling to insecure environments, is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in Arabic is a plus.
Please note that Tamdeen Youth Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Tamdeen Youth Foundation recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the TYF Career at the following link : https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/#2A4hqDBx no letter than 04 Aug 2019
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.