Ended Programs Manager
Tamdeen Youth Foundation is a leading non-profit, & non-governmental humanitarian agency with a mission to fighting poverty and hunger, assisting people in crisis-affected areas and contributing effectively in promoting the sustained peace and developing local communities
Tamdeen Youth Foundation would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: Programs Manager
Number of position : 1
Duty Station: Sana'a
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF) is a leading non-profit, non-governmental organization powered by the belief of better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, over all Yemen, we partner to fight poverty and hunger, helping people success over adversity, and promoting sustainable peace by building stronger communities within now and for the future.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Program Manager (PM) will work closely with the Executive Director (ED) and the program teams to lead new program development and strategy, and ensure effective program coordination and technical support, monitoring and evaluation, quality assurance and accountability in close collaboration with the operations, Human Resources, finance and internal control teams. S/he will help represent the Tamdeen Youth Foundation program to donors, major stakeholders, relevant government authorities and other program partners such as other NGOs. The Program Manager is a senior position for Tamdeen Youth Foundation with supervisory and managerial responsibilities, and will ensure appropriate representation of Tamdeen Youth Foundation in the field.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
STRATEGY AND VISION
- Maintain a central role in developing/implementing strategy, ensuring that existing programs contribute to strategic goals, objectives and targets;
- Serve as an active member of the Senior Leadership team and contribute to setting program strategy and priorities;
- Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve program and agency objectives;
- Lead the identification of new initiatives and opportunities that respond to identified needs and contribute to the objectives of the country strategy;
- Conduct analyses to determine humanitarian/development gaps and how Tamdeen Youth Foundation should position itself to best serve the needs of beneficiaries;
- Lead/oversee the development of solicited and unsolicited proposals and concept notes.
COORDINATION AND REPRESENTATION
- Establish close and productive relationships with donors, national government authorities, private sector actors, and other NGOs in close coordination with the Executive Director, Program Managers and Technical Coordinators;
- Represent Tamdeen Youth Foundation at all relevant coordination meetings;
- Coordinate with other NGOs to consolidate Tamdeen Youth Foundation strategic niche and comparative advantages, while identifying strategic partnerships;
- Ensure Tamdeen Youth Foundation participation in a variety of external forums/workshops/conference/sector coordination meetings to share best practices and findings with the government and development community;
- Represent Tamdeen Youth Foundation in Executive Director’s absence on relevant issues.
PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Provide leadership in all aspects of program coordination to ensure consistent quality, including the incorporation of cross-cutting themes, lessons learned and best practices;
- Facilitate the coordination between different programs and ensure that program managers and technical coordinators for cross-cutting themes are able to work together effectively according to program work plans;
- Ensure that program implementation is responsive to communities and partners, and aligned with Tamdeen Youth Foundation principles, values and strategic roadmap and country strategy;
- Work with Program Managers to ensure adherence to grant agreements, Tamdeen Youth Foundation policies and procedures and relevant external rules and regulations;
- Support Program Managers to oversee performance of partners, sub-grantees and technical contractors;
- Conduct frequent field visits to all project sites for monitoring, quality control and program staff mentoring and coaching.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence;
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews;
- Supervise, hire and orient new team members as necessary;
- Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance, and reach objectives;
- Contribute to country team-building efforts, help team members identify problem solving options, and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
PROGRAM LEARNING, RESEARCH AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Ensure that robust monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and program quality systems are in place, adhered to and used as a decision-making tool, encouraging consistency and best practice across programs;
- Ensure that program managers have adequate understanding of MEL, program quality, communications and research;
- Provide ongoing training and guidance to staff on best practices;
- Oversee the Program Performance and Quality team;
- With the Executive Director, help staff identify and take advantage of professional development opportunities;
- Contribute to the country team building efforts.
PROGRAM MINIMUM STANDARDS AND REPORTING
- Ensure that program documentation and program minimum standards are consistently adhered to;
- Ensure that a comprehensive reporting schedule and quarterly planning process are maintained and adhered to according to requirements;
- Ensure that donor reports produced by the Programs team effectively demonstrate the impact of Tamdeen Youth Foundation’s program interventions;
- Review all reports to ensure a high-quality product
PROGRAM SUPPORT OPERATIONS
- Assist the Executive Director with adequate financial and staff forecasting, and ensure that available funding is in alignment with staffing plans;
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and Finance Manager to ensure that operational and financial management systems are responsive to program needs and that program staff are adhering to both donor and Tamdeen Youth Foundation procedures and regulations;
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and the Program Managers to identify, manage and track co-financing
- Work closely with HR Manager to ensure all staff contracts and Human Resources procedures and requirements are in place and up to date;
- Ensure adequate performance reviews are done on time, and that staff are given constant feedback on work performance and key priorities.
- Ensure that programs are designed and implemented with a clear analysis and understanding of security management priorities.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning—and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve—we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Tamdeen Youth Foundation as well as themselves.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
- Tamdeen Youth Foundation team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
M & E team
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Executive Director
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Projects Managers, Operations Manager, Finance Manager
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/S or equivalent in relevant field required; MA/S preferred;
- 7-10 years of field experience in international relief and development programs, including demonstrable success in managing large, transitional development programs;
- At least 2-3 years of senior-level leadership and field management experience, including building, managing and leading a team of professionals;
- Experience designing and managing humanitarian response and development programs;
- Experience with Economic Development, Resilience, Protection, Governance, Health & Nutrition, food and WASH programming is an advantage; in particular, in displacement, economic challenges and social stability context; preference also given to candidates with background in the Middle East region
- Demonstrated success working effectively and respectfully with host country government, private sector, INGO, NGO partners and other stakeholders in complex environments;
- Excellent writing skills and experience with proposal development processes with prior experience with USAID, UN, EU and other bilateral funding agencies;
- Proven skills in financial and grants management; prior experience with UN, USG and European grant management;
- Successful and proven negotiation, communication and organization skills;
- Excellent oral and written English skills required; proficiency in Arabic is a plus;
- Experience managing national and international staff;
- Previous work experience in the Middle East preferred.
Please note that Tamdeen Youth Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Tamdeen Youth Foundation recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the TYF Career at the following link: https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/#6dFiQfDY no letter than 04 Aug 2019