Ended Deputy Project Manager
Deputy Project Manager- AlDhalee
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Aldhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Deputy Project Manager
Location: Al-Dhalee / Lahj with regular visits to Aden.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
- Develop project implementation tools, and materials as needed
- Plan and follow the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives for field teams.
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project’s field activities ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project implementation
- Organize regular project coordination meetings with project team and with manager.
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per work plan
- Ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with relevant ACTED technical guidelines and standards
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation
- Regular update the work plan and other documents relevant for effective project management
Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Support the project manager in the review of project-related expenses and provide accurate forecasts with BOQs.
- Support the project manager in the provision of forecast for monthly cash requirements
- Support field team in the development of accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner.
- Confirm quality of material selection if and when applicable.
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks.
- Plan team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies.
- Participate in the recruitment of field staff (development of organigrams, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews, etc.)
- Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities.
- Follow-up the work plans, movements, and day-to-day activities of the project staff
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with Project Manager.
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics inside and across departments.
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management.
- Manage interpersonal conflicts.
- Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors.
- Ensure project records and documents (beneficiary list, memorandum of understandings, photos, reports, attendance sheets, etc.) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures and submit to Project Manager.
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct, and other policies.
- Ensure that each member of the project team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly
- Monitor the local security situation and inform the Project Manager and Area Security Officer of developments encountered by Project team;
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders.
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings.
- Ensure that at all times that team’s contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- Ensure proactive coordination with ACTED’s liaison department to secure security and access permits in a timely manner.
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of project activities
- Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and shared across departments;
- Advise on, and assist with, project reviews conducted by AMEU
- Ensure quality control, analysis of added-value and impact, identification and capitalization on best practices and lessons learnt and provide relevant feedback for new project development
- Identify and analyze gaps, ACTED’s added value, synergies and opportunities in the areas the project(s) is / are implemented and pass relevant information to the Project Manager.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to Project Manager and other team members
- University degree in a relevant subject;
- At least three year of experience in a project implementation position in an NGO;
- At least one year of experience in a managerial position;
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize and multitask;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good English skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent computer literacy, including MSOffice (Word and Excel);
- Preferable knowledge in either (or multiple) of the following fields of intervention: WASH, Agriculture, Livelihood, Emergency Distributions; Food Security.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: “ACTED DPM”
- PLEASE state in your CV to which base you are willing to work and order of preference as relevant.
- The closing date for applications is on Wednesday, 31 July 2019.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification