Ended Finance Admin Assistant
Position: Finance Admin Assistant
Report to: Field Manager
Duty Station: Abyan
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs in response to the impact of conflicts in Abyan and Aden Governorates in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates through direct programming and through local partnership in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection and Women Protection and Empowerment.
The finance admin assistant will be handling the day to day financial and administrative activities in Abyan subfield office. The position holder will report to the field manager and closely work with Aden based finance and HR/Admin department.
- Manage all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department in Abyan office.
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems.
- Submit expenditure worksheets to the Finance Head Office on or before 3rd of every subsequent month
- Review all payment, Travel Authorization and Purchase Request documents for proper and adequate back up.
- Preparer a bank and cash reconciliation for field office and send it to main office by 3rd of every month.
- Contact with field office bank on all banking issues.
- Liais with Supply Chain, Administration and Programs, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
- Conduct a site visit of suppliers as part of bid analyze committee when required.
- He/she will manage allocation of rooms at IRC GH for permanent staff and visitors.
- Ensure that all staff in Abyan are fully equipped with office working tools including phone and Sim card with the coordination of Aden field office.
- Update contact list of IRC staff for relevant office.
- Manage cleaners and ensure that IRC office and GH are always clean and fully equipped with all needs and requirement.
- Distribute correspondence including internal memos and; maintenance of mail registers.
- Maintain central files and administration files. Ensure confidentiality of sensitive files.
- Monitor staff attendance by checking records on finger print device and generate a weekly records to share with the Filed manager
- Carry out other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- BA or advanced diploma in accounting from recognized university or college.
- 1 year experience for BA holder or 3 years of experience for diploma holder.
- Self-driven, independent and motivated.
- Working experience with NGO environment is an advantage.
- Good in English language
- Good computer skills, including confident use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong commitment to IRC’s mission, purpose and values;
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5844
Deadline for Applying: July 31, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.