Ended Health Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Health Field Officer
Contract type : Open Ended
Level of Post : B2
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Sa’ada / Al Talh Hospital
Health Field Officer 2 contributes to implementing, running and monitoring the health programme(s) in cooperation with the health team, according to the objectives set out in the delegation's annual planning (Planning for Results) for a specific geographic area or field of activities. Based on the skills required for this position, s/he has the capacity to oversee programmes with a degree of autonomy (e.g. delegations with remote management) and/or deliver services with autonomy (e.g. hospital settings) and contributes actively to planning and coordinating health activities at field level.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Implements health programmes within his/her geographic area or field of responsibility/ expertise.
- Assists the Health Delegate, Mental Health and Psychosocial Delegate or Health Coordinator or Health Project Manager in designing operational strategies and planning the health programme(s) at local/facility and national levels.
- Conducts assessments and regular field visits (when relevant) to monitor activities and health-related threats to the population.
- Ensures proper management of information collected and appropriate, relevant reporting.
- Participates in analysis of and reflection on the overall health situation; contributes to realistic project proposals in line with the delegation's objectives and Priorities.
- Helps organize meetings; advises staff members on various matters such as culture, politics, the economy, security, etc.
- Interprets at meetings and translates documents into local languages.
- Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, thereby ensuring more efficient implementation of health programmers. Represents the ICRC vis-à-vis national authorities.
- Internally, interacts with health staff (Health Delegate, Health Coordinator, Hospital Staff), Head of Delegation/Office, non-health staff at delegation level, relevant, Heads of Sector and Programme Coordinators at headquarters.
- Externally, interacts with national health authorities, international and local stakeholders (International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement partners, UN, NGOs) in his/her geographic area or field of responsibility.
- Degree in medicine or nursing.
- Qualifications in public health or health management a strong asset.
- Fluent written and spoken command of the local working language as well as French and/or English.
- Licence to practice in his/her own country.
Professional Experience Required
- 3 to 5 years of total work experience (including 2 years of clinical experience) with minimum 2 years’ experience in the humanitarian sector.
- Good connections with local health authorities or groups of interest for the ICRC.
- Excellent knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
- Licence to practice in country of residence.
- The person should be able to collect, analyze, interpreted and report hospital data.
- Should be able to design, train and use data processing tools.
- EXCEL, SPSS, STRATA Epi Info or any other data software will be an advantage.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + Work certificates
Please send your applications (by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line: Health Field Officer
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 30.07.2019