Ended Activity Coordinator – Protection
National Consultancy Position
Position: Activity Coordinator – Protection
Job site: Aden (Al-Buraiqa), 1 position
Report to: Project Manager
Status: Full-time Staff
Supervises: Case Management Supervisor, Social workers, Lawyer, Receptionist and Community Outreach volunteers (COVs), Data-Entry.
Project Title: Provision of emergency primary & secondary health & nutrition services, with integration of protection services, for conflict and displacement affected people, in Aden and Hajjah Governorates,
The project targets Al-Buraiqa district in Aden, providing protection services integrated with emergency health and nutrition services, for conflict and displacement affected people.
INTERSOS will run community center in Al-Buraiqa, to address the protection needs of the IDPs and Host Community and to provide for community-based protection response and prevention activities for conflict-affected population (IDPs, returnees and host community). The project provides emergency protection services for the most vulnerable, targeting Persons with Specific Needs (incl. persons with disabilities), Child Protection cases and GBV survivors, legal assistance, integrating protection activities with health, providing individual case management services and collective PSS provided from a community center or a health facility, while community volunteers ensure community acceptance, outreach and referral. Community awareness and information sharing on services and protection related issues will be tailored per target, age and gender group.
The Activity Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of the protection component of the project at the Community Center and for the supervision of the activities’ implementation towards the achievement of project’s goals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervision of the Case Management Supervisor and the proper implementation of the case management process.
- Monitor internal and external referral mechanisms, including coordination with other stakeholders in the area.
- Ensure quality collection of information to report on trends and changes in protection concerns.
- Supervise the timely distribution of the financial assistance, reporting to the Project Manager.
- Ensure the lawyer is providing timely and quality legal assistance and support the legal information and awareness session on relevant topics, including documentation.
- Plan awareness campaigns and supervise their efficient implementation.
- Ensure the monitoring of the projects outcomes and promptly gives input to the Project Manager to improve the quality of the activity.
- Support the Project Manager in the procurement procedures needed for the correct running of the community center.
- Supervise and supporting the identification and mobilization of Community Outreach Volunteers (COVs), the engagement with local civil society actors and stakeholders and promoting integration and referral with other sectors.
- Assist and coaching of the COVs.
- Ensure the smooth relay of information to and from the COVs for referral of cases and information on the protection issues of the community.
- Attend any coordination meetings at district level and liaise regularly with OCHA hub focal point(s), upon request of Project Manager, Protection Coordinator and Program Coordinator, ensuring clear reporting feedback.
- Attend external coordination meetings on Protection, Cash and NFI assistance, CP and GBV on behalf of INTERSOS.
- Provide input for external coordination meetings and feedback on issues raised to the Project Manager, Protection Coordinator and Program Coordinator.
- Ensure regular internal meetings with all program staff to listen to staff feedback and inform them of ongoing activities or changes (weekly and monthly).
- Assist on recruitment processes, participating in interviews and collaborating with the Project Manager, HR and Protection coordination;
- Follow HR procedures for all staff, ensuring that all details are sent to the administration in Aden before contracts are signed and staff begin work.
- Assure training staff on INTERSOS procedures and ToRs
- Ensure the daily management of the staff, supervise the timely attendance to the work place and the conduction of their daily tasks.
- Ensure all documents concerning the staff (such as attendance sheets, contracts, leave requests) are promptly submitted to the Administration/HR and the Project Manager.
- Provide weekly cash requests according to the needs to the Project Manager on Thursdays.
- Responsible for the cash flows of the centers, the clearance of payments and pending with the Administration.
- Responsible for the procurement needed for the implementation of the activities, such as refreshments for awareness in collaboration with Log/Admin Departments with prior authorization of Project Manager.
- Verifying the correct management of data and information, sharing comprehensive and organized databases reporting the beneficiaries reached ensuring gender/age/population type breakdown for all activities.
- Prepare/update monthly overview of cases (gender, age, typology, referral, follow-up and cash assistance info to be included) using GBV IMS system and internal database for PwSN/CP and ensure a regular analysis of this data;
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on activities conducted at the Community Center and by the CoVs, ensuring the confidentiality of beneficiaries.
- Ensure confidentiality of the sensitive information and the provision of beneficiaries’ consent to manage information.
- Continuous and active communication with Project Manager on achievements, gaps and challenging.
Qualification and requirements:
Studies & professional experience:
- Hold a BA in social services or relevant fields
- At least 3 years of professional experience working in Yemen on protection related issues, in particular case management for SGBV, CP and/or PwSN
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Experience in leading, managing, supervise and train staff
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Most relevant other requirements:
- Strong collaboration, representation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems relevant to case management
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 25 July 2019
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation);
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand or to a different email address will be not considered);
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!