Ended Data Entry
National Staff Position
Position: Data Entry
Job site: Aden (Al-Buraiqa), 1 position
Report to: Reporting officer, Activity Coordinator and PM
Status: Full-time Staff
Project Title: Provision of emergency primary & secondary health & nutrition services, with integration of protection services, for conflict and displacement affected people, in Aden and Hajjah Governorates,
The project targets Al-Buraiqa district in Aden, providing protection services integrated with emergency health and nutrition services, for conflict and displacement affected people.
INTERSOS will run community center in Al-Buraiqa, to address the protection needs of the IDPs and Host Community and to provide for community-based protection response and prevention activities for conflict-affected population (IDPs, returnees and host community). The project provides emergency protection services for the most vulnerable, targeting Persons with Specific Needs (incl. persons with disabilities), Child Protection cases and GBV survivors, legal assistance, integrating protection activities with health, providing individual case management services and collective PSS provided from a community center or a health facility, while community volunteers ensure community acceptance, outreach and referral. Community awareness and information sharing on services and protection related issues will be tailored per target, age and gender group.
The Data Entry is responsible for reporting and processing data regarding: the identification and assessment of protection cases (PwSN, SGBV, CP); internal and external referrals to specialized services; awareness sessions and legal information.
Main Responsibilities of the Data Entry:
- Fill the weekly report (databases) with the data regarding: the identification and assessment of protection cases (PwSN, SGBV, CP); internal and external referrals to specialized services; awareness sessions and legal information; life-skills trainings.
- Check reports from staff and liaise with the team to ensure qualitative data.
- Collate and manage databases professionally: data collection, insertion, data processing and analysis of figures
- Collaborate with the Activity Coordinator to provide information for the monthly and weekly reports;
- Update on a weekly basis the internal databases for all the activities and share it with Activity Coordinator and Project Manager.
- Prepare/update monthly overview of cases (gender, age, typology, referral, follow-up and cash assistance info to be included) and ensure a regular analysis of this data;
- Ensure the respect of the principle of confidentially and do not disclose any information related to work other than to discuss case management teams and their own cases or with the supervisors outlined on any cases;
- Assist in providing information and analysis for the bi-annual trend analysis on cases;
- Translate any documents related to the activities implementation when requested;
- Attend meetings/trainings which have related to data management when requested by the Activity Coordinator;
- Accomplish any other tasks requested by the Activity Coordinator.
- Hold an BA in social sciences or related fields;
- At least 1 year of professional experience working in Protection interventions;
- Demonstrated familiarity with protection principles, standards and procedures, terminology;
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy), especially in excel;
- Knowledge of KOBO and ODK programmes for smart tool data collection would be a strong asset;
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS;
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks;
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Practical and problem-solver;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure;
- Deadline for submission of application: 25 July 2019
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation);
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand or to a different email address will be not considered);
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!