Ended Social Worker – Collective PSS
National Staff Position
Position: Social Worker – Collective PSS (1 post available)
Job site: Aden (Al-Buraiqa), 1 position
Report to: Case Management Supervisor and Activity Coordinator
Status: Full-time Staff
Project Title: Provision of emergency primary & secondary health & nutrition services, with integration of protection services, for conflict and displacement affected people, in Aden and Hajjah Governorates
The project targets Al-Buraiqa district in Aden, providing protection services integrated with emergency health and nutrition services, for conflict and displacement affected people.
INTERSOS will run community center in Al-Buraiqa, to address the protection needs of the IDPs and HC and to provide for community-based protection response and prevention activities for conflict-affected population (IDPs, returnees and host community). The project provides emergency protection services for the most vulnerable, targeting Persons with Specific Needs (incl. persons with disabilities), Child Protection cases and GBV survivors, legal assistance, integrating protection activities with health, providing individual case management services and collective PSS provided from a community center (CC) or a HF, while community volunteers ensure community acceptance, outreach and referral. Community awareness and information sharing on services and protection related issues will be tailored per target, age and gender group.
The Social Worker – Collective PSS - is a Social Worker dedicated to collective and group psychosocial support activities, including awareness.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the Case Management Supervisor, organize collective PSS activities and support groups focused on specific topics of interest for the beneficiaries. E.g. collective PSS and support group sessions targeting parents of children with disabilities.
- Coordinate with COVs and lawyer in organizing awareness sessions on relevant protection topics.
- Coordinate with Social Workers ICM for internal referrals of cases to be involved in collective PSS activities.
- Support the Activity Coordinator in establishing close cooperation and linkage with the Community Based Protection Networks in gathering information and receiving referral cases.
- Organize collective PSFA sessions for newly displaced people.
- Provide daily updates to the Case Management Supervisor about new cases assessed and internal referrals to Social Workers ICM.
- Report in detail on all awareness sessions carried out including: clear overview of the topics covered and the methodology adopted; clear overview of the participants with gender, age and population type breakdown; detailed data on the participants’ vulnerability category.
Meetings and Trainings
- Attend meetings and workshop/training as requested by the Activity Coordinator.
- Participates in daily/weekly staff meetings.
- Participates in weekly internal meetings with Case Management Supervisor and Social Workers ICM.
Qualification and requirements:
Studies & professional experience:
- Hold an BA in social work – social sciences
- At least 1 year of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for SGBV, CP and PwSN.
- At least 1 year of professional experience working with CBPNs, CBOs or other grass-root initiatives.
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways.
Most relevant other requirements:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic - basic written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 25 July 2019
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation);
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand or to a different email address will be not considered);
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!