The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type : Open-ended
Level of Post : B2
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Hodeidah
Buyer 1 supports the procurement process in a specific country in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Conducts research into the availability of goods and services.
- Independently carries out ordinary procurement for specific sector(s) up to a certain amount.
- Drafts requests for tenders/quotes, selection tables and contracts and submits them to their hierarchical superior.
- Follows up on purchases and deliveries and checks that they are conform to specifications and contract details.
- Receives goods and checks that they correspond to quantities and quality ordered.
- Manages, follows up on, files and scans invoices and related documents.
- Participates in updating statistics and reporting.
- Ensures proper treatment and filing of all relevant documents
- Negotiate with the prices and payment terms with suppliers and align payment terms according to the guidelines.
- Spontaneously or on request, conducts market surveys and analysis for prices and quality benchmarking and submit report to head of purchase unit.
- High school diploma.
- Certifications in purchasing, procurement or supply-chain management.
- Confirmed technical skills in procurement.
- Computer proficiency.
- Good command of English.
Professional Experience Required
- Good knowledge of the local market(s).
- 3 years' experience in a similar position.
- Good knowledge of and experience with financial rules, procurement procedures and supplier management.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com indicating in the subject line: Buyer 1
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 25.07.2019