Ended Assistant to the Head of Mission
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence.
Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Assistant to the Head of Mission
Contract type: open-ended
Number of Posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: ADEN
The Assistant to the Head of Mission advises the delegation on political developments, changes in the environment, conflict and security dynamics. He identifies, maintains, broadens and facilitates Management’s access to a broad network of contacts.
- Advises the Management and staff on political issues, conflict and security situation and contributes to the definition of the overall strategy of the Mission.
- Actively develops and maintains a network of contacts within the national authorities, security and armed forces, political parties and groups, civil society, the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and any other influential stakeholders; facilitates Management's access to them.
- Runs briefings of context and cultural sensitivities for the staff.
- Writes reports, briefing notes and other required documentation to convey results of political and other analysis.
- Internally, interacts with the Management and other ICRC colleagues in the delegation.
- Externally, interacts with a network of high level interlocutors, such as authorities, political leaders, security and armed forces, civilian population, international organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations, Yemeni Red Crescent Society, and others.
- High school or university degree, or relevant professional experience
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, in writing and orally.
- Excellent understanding of the political context and analytical capacity.
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, email, internet)
Professional Experience Required
- At least 6 years overall professional experience.
- Confirmed strong analysis capability in a similar field of activities, including excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Very good personal communication and adaptability to different contacts is a key requirement.
- Ability to demonstrate existence of relevant network.
Please send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line: “Assistant to the Head of Mission”
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 24.07.2019