Ended Maintenance Agent
TITLE: MAINTENANCE AGENT
PLACE: (1 ADEN/ 1 HAJJAH)
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Based in Aden, under direct supervision of the Logistics Assistant, you will be responsible for the daily work assigned to you, ensuring good handling of HI property when loading and off-loading items of procured items. You will ensure that the office and guesthouse is well maintained and consistently functional and support the Logistics team as requested by the line manager.
Line manager: Logistics Assistant
Line manager+1: Log Officer
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Handling a daily work assigned to you by Logistics Assistant.
- The Maintenance Agent is responsible for off-loading materials whenever received from suppliers such as ADs, PSS items, drinking water, kitchen supplies, etc. and organizing them as requested by his line manager or end user.
- The Maintenance Agent is responsible for loading items from HI stock to trucks whenever requested to send ADs, hygiene kits, wound kits, or any other items to the health facilities (HFs).
- The Maintenance Agent is responsible for handling HI items with good care when loading and off-loading.
- The Maintenance Agent will keep the outside areas within the compound well maintained and clean
- The Maintenance Agent should do regular maintenance of the office/guest house and support staff including but not limited to:
- Safe handling of HI furniture and moving them from one office to another based on request by Logistics Assistant with the support of other staff
- Organizing the HI stock safely and making sure it is accessible with the support of HI line manager.
- Organizing HI meeting rooms during and after trainings/meetings.
- Maintaining generators at the office and guest house with the support of line manager by carrying out changing air filter, oil filter, Engine Oil, etc.
- Ensuring water tanks are full and regularly cleaned
- Following and refilling generators with fuel after informing line manager.
- Keeping fuel stock clean and safe following the guidelines of HI.
- Refiling cars with contingency fuel when market is out of stock.
- Maintaining and keeping an inventory of HI tools
- Gardening/watering of office plants
- The maintenance agent will be responsible for fixing/trouble shooting within his/her capacities. This may include plumbing, installation of items in the office, electrical work, carpentry work, etc.
- At the request of the line manager, organise for specific support (electrician, plumber) and work with them while they complete their tasks within HI premises
- The Maintenance Agent will carry out additional tasks as requested by the line manager
Behavior and reporting
- Behave in a respectful way when receiving requests for end users and suppliers.
- Report to the Log Assistant and or logistician Manager any problem encountered on the office and any security-related information the Maintenance Agent may have.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Aden/Hajjah, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
This planning is not definitive and must change each week according to the needs of logistics.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
Any breach of the above-mentioned responsibilities, of the Internal Regulation or of Terms and Conditions of Engagement may be sanctioned by a written warning or immediate dismissal if appropriate.
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Wednesday 7th Aug 2019
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/MaintAgent/Hajjah/ Applicant full name to: email@example.com
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/MaintAgent/Aden/ Applicant full name to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.