Ended MEAL Assistant
Position: MEAL Assistant
Reports to: MEAL Officer
Duration: Till December 31, 2019, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the supervision of the MEAL Officer, the MEAL Assistant will dedicate his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high-quality implementation of project activities. The MEAL Assistant will maintain all data, conduct relevant need assessments, ensure full compliance of rules and regulations for project implementation and developing frequent reports on all project activities.
The " MEAL Assistant " will be responsible but not limited to:
- In coordination with project implementing teams, undertake regular field/site monitoring visits to assess progress on the ground against action plans, and to promote compliance to quality and program standards.
- Assist in the development and implementation of project M&E learning and feedback mechanisms within ADRA Yemen's programs
- Undertake the collection of relevant data needed to inform program reporting and communication messaging.
- Ensure submission of periodic reports and comply with the given deadline e.g. weekly, monthly, bi-monthly quarterly ... etc.
- Assist with the coordination of project periodic reports processing and review.
- Contribute to timely and quality reporting on the projects ensuring that quality data is collected from the field is a central responsibility of the role.
- Understanding /dealing with various WFP reports, templates, and forms
- Ability in designing and updating the various MEAL tools.
- Organize, collect, compile and document all program and MEAL-related data and files, ensuring that all records are properly organized and stored.
- Assist in developing communication products e.g. short videos, documentaries, success stories, snapshots as detailed in ADRA Yemen communications guidelines.
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- University degree in IT, Social Sciences, Development Studies or any related
- field of study with one year of relevant experience performing the same responsibilities.
- Very good understanding and practical experience with MS Office application, especially
- MS Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge in nutrition programs terminologies.
- Knowledge on simple Excel functions, including formulas and creating graphs from data sets.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation processes i.e. data collection, processing and analysis.
- Relevant background in emergency programmers, with experience in systematic input, output and process data were collected and used to guide programming.
- Knowledge designing reporting templates.
- Experience working with and maintaining good relations with international, as well as counterparts and beneficiaries ( e.g. International and Local NGOs and government representatives.
- Strong IT skills.
- Fluency in Arabic is required and good knowledge of English.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, July 24, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.