Ended Purchasing Officer
VACANCY (REOPENING): PURCHASING OFFICER
Position status: Full-time
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Carry out purchases as directed by the MSF supply office, analysing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of all sorts of goods, while guaranteeing best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities
- Carries out the purchases and manages the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchasing.
- Constantly assess the local market, seeks products and suppliers that offer the best value for money, and negotiates prices.
- Obtains different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy
- Places purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers
- Requests invoices or receipts, for all purchases, check they are correctly filled and translates written information in local language before approval.
- Regularly updates the supplier-item-price data.
- Manages the advances issued by the Finance Department.
- Assists in reception control process with the storekeeper and supply assistant.
- Updates information on purchase lists after purchases are made.
- Informs of all modifications to the “item-supplier” data: price, address, items available.
- High school degree essential; commerce related studies desirable.
- At least two years in supply chain jobs.
- Essential, local language; mission working language (Good command of English Language)
All interested applicants should submit a CV, cover letter, copy of ID, degree to:
Subject: “Purchasing Officer 2019_01_04”
Deadline for submitting applications is at 5:00 PM, 17th August 2019
Please note that only complete applications will be considered
Only short listed candidates will be contacted