Ended Finance Manager
Job Title: Finance Manager (FM)
Department: Finance Department
Reports To: Director of Finance and Administration (DFA)
Location: Aden, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FINANCE MANAGER (FM): The FM will provide support to the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) on matters of financial management, compliance, accounting, and reporting. The FM will assist the DFA in the management of financial tracking systems. The (FM) will oversee financial systems for the program, including all USAID and Global Communities compliant financial management, accounting, and procurement systems. He/she will report on burn rates and track expenditures against budgets. The FM will also ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and will analyze and make recommendations per budget expenditures to the management team to ensure that program deliverables are met within budget. In particular, he/she will:
- Follow and implement pre-existing finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures in accordance with Global Communities Yemen and USAID standards.
- Coordinate the preparation of the program’s financial statements, monthly financial reports, and other information reports.
- Develop policies and procedures and checklists to streamline financial operations and in compliance with the Global Communities and USAID rules and regulations.
- Supervise the preparation of monthly cash projections for the submission of monthly funding requests to DFA.
- Authorize and oversee the management of petty cash funds.
- Review all purchase orders, payment vouchers, consultant agreements, sub-awards, etc. and ensure proper documentation is kept for all financial transactions.
- Ensure all financial disbursements to staff/suppliers/vendors/implementing partner(s) and expenses made thereon properly recorded in Cash Book, Bank Book, and subsidiaries
- Review Data in Quick book Accounting Package and ensuring such expenses charge to respective cost centers
- Promote and ensure financial collaboration and coordination with local partners.
- Support the DFA in the day to day reconciliations and financial analysis
- Work closely with the logistics department to ensure that the asset register is updated regularly and match physical assets
- Provide training and support to finance, non-finance staff and local partners regarding generally accepted financial procedures and Global Communities’ internal controls.
- Travel to field location(s) as necessary and provide oversight to field office financial systems and processes.
- Coordinate with the HR / Admin Manager to prepare staff salaries; ensure wire transfers, direct deposit, checks, and cash payments are made on -time.
- Perform a regular audit of the finance department.
- Assist with any other duties as required by the DFA and Chief of Party (COP).
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to determine priorities.
- Experienced in the use of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Capable of working under pressure and is results-oriented with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Demonstrated computer and typing skills; QuickBooks, Excel and Word skills are essential.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Degree in accounting or business management, and at least 4-5 years of financial management experience and preferable finance and budget experience with USAID or other donors and US Government agencies. Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read interprets documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From September 2019 until August 15, 2021.
- Application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. The cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YCST program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207.
- Applications submitted after Aug 29, 2019, will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, selection processes would be on a rolling basis.