Ended Translation Officer (2)
Two Translation Officer -Sana’a
The Translator works closely with all departments to provide the necessary translation of legal and thematic documentations, including contracts, MOUs and both official and promotional documents, mainly from English to Arabic but also from Arabic to English.
The Translator will be situated with the Advocacy Media and Communications team and will report to the Internal Information and Communication Coordinator.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Translation from English to Arabic and vice versa of Save the Children’s internal documents such as: Key Messages, Minutes, Circulars, Reports, Articles, Policies, Regulations and Guidelines, Project Proposals, Budgets and any other internal texts as required. The translated text has to be delivered in MS Word, PowerPoint or Excel files, as required.
- Translation of external documents such as: public letters, materials for social media, press releases, publications, annual reports, official correspondence with the government.
- Analyse technical terminology and perform required research to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all translations of thematic materials related to Health, Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, Water Sanitation & Hygiene, Food Security and other themes.
- Ensure that the translated text is technically, linguistically and grammatically accurate, error free, meet high quality professional standards, and would not need further editing after completion of translation. The role incumbent is responsible for ensuring the quality, consistency, impact and accuracy of the entire document with minimal margin of errors per page.
- Ensure that all text, including text contained in figures, boxes, tables, photo captions, sources and covers are translated and proofread.
- Complete the assigned work within the agreed timeline with quick feedbacks in the delivery of tasks and submit the final translation in both soft and hard copy.
- Observe confidentially and refrain from exposing any information about the content of the text.
- The Translation Officer shall be required to provide simultaneous translations, upon request, which may involve field missions.
- Compile Information, such as technical terms into glossaries and terminology database to be used in future translations. As well as, maintain electronic record for all translated documents in editable soft copy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- Fluency in both English and Arabic, both written and verbal is a must
- A minimum of two years experience as a translator in an NGO environment or private sector
- Experience in legal translation or in another area of translation (medical, contracts, …)
- Exceptional organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills including word processing and presentation
- Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Ability to submit a timely and accurately reports and data
- Good communication skills and ability to support and deal with different staff member from different functions, donors and partners
- Excellent team player
To apply please send you CV to the below email:
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.