Ended Liaison Officer
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running two emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based in Aden.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
The liaison officer carries out administrative duties related to obtaining administrative and legal documents for expatriates (visas, work permits) and maintains good working relations with the various local administrative bodies.
He/she maintains the files of expatriates.
He/she undertakes occasional translation tasks at the request of the Administrative Coordinator or Head of Mission.
List of main tasks:
Carry out administrative procedures on behalf of expatriate personnel:
- Submit, follow and obtain administrative legal documents: visas, work permits, travel authorizations;
- Take steps to obtain visas for expatriate breaks;
- Maintain a spread sheet detailing document expiry dates and renew documents in time;
- Make flight reservations for international and domestic flights;
- Report to the administrator on the status of on-going procedures on a daily basis;
Represent the association to local administrative bodies:
- Keep up-to-date of changes to administrative procedure pertaining to obtaining documents;
- Establish or reinforce relations with administrative bodies;
- Meet with representatives from the various administrative bodies as often as needed to obtain documents or resolve related issues.
Maintain the administrative files of expatriates:
- Put together expatriate files: contracts, photographs, photocopies of passports and driving licenses, visas, etc.
- Undertake the task of translating official documents at the request of the Assistant Coordinator and/or Head of Mission
- Provide simultaneous interpretation during meetings at the request of the Assistant Coordinator or Head of Mission
POSITION OF THIS POST IN THE ORGANISATION CHART (hierarchical and functional relationships)
Reporting to: the Administrative Coordinator / head of Mission
Hierarchical authority (within department) over :
Under functional authority of:
III. Profile Required:
- Diploma in administration, or any related sector.
- At least 1 year in a similar position, for private or NGO sector
- Good relationship with local Authorities.
- Good communication skills.
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 6 months minimum
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Advanced command of English
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Proficient in MS. Office and accounting software
- Proactive, motivated, honest and rigorous
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to email@example.com
Final date for applications: 17th of August 2019