Ended Nutrition/health/MHCP Program Manager (Re-Advertised)
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE : Nutrition/health/MHCP Program Manager
Department: MHCP/Health/Nutrition Department
Duration: 10 Months
To ensure the development, implementation and monitoring of nutrition and health programmes in targeted governorates
Mission 1: Ensure management/coordination of program
- Provide technical direction and supervision to ensure the timely management and implementation of nutrition/health program activities,
- Participate in coordination with other departments for integrated programs.
- Analyse and control the technical performance and relevance of the projects in place
- Follow up the activities, and evaluate the quality of the programs:
- By identifying gaps and actions plans to improve service delivery
- By developing and establishing a strong remote management process and/or conducting regular field visits (when possible),
- exchanging regularly with the team and key stake holders of the areas
- and analysing the different reports.
- Ensure the timely production/compilation of the monthly activity reports and technical reports from the field, and provide feedback when needed.
- Ensure internal coordination, information exchange with regards to implementation of the integrated specific projects when needed.
- Ensure timely budget follow up, procurements and HR needs with respect to the project activities.
Mission 2: Develop and Strengthen partnership at local level
- Ensure the management of the ongoing partnership with MoPH at local level and readjust the partnership strategy when required in agreement with MoPH (renewal/update of Memorandum of understanding).
- Conduct health service delivery and HF diagnosis for MoPH centers supported or to identify potential facilities suitable for support
- Ensure HF capacity diagnosis of the actual Health Facilities supported and initiate the diagnosis prior any additional support to new Health facilities (when needed based on the analysis and needs evolution).
- Place at the disposal of the MoPH partner the means to give effect to operations planned for its activities and to ensure quality results in the scope of ACF agreed support
- Establish with the MoPH a strategy for capacity building and supportive activities with key indicators and objectives for the implementation, monitoring and follow up of ACF supportive activities (within ACF scope of intervention and mandate), outlining a clear procedure for exit strategy
- Ensure that the relationship with MoPH is consistent with the orientation and the ethos of ACF's partnership policy (currently under development: mutual trust, respect, shared aims, complementarity, transparency and mutual support, shared learning....)
Mission 3: Manage and ensure capacity building of the ACF nutrition/health team
- Define a capacity-building plan including priorities and deadlines and provide supportive mechanisms (i.e. trainings/workshops) for capacity development of ACF nutrition/health team.
- Build the ACF deputies nutrition/health PM capacities in Project Cycle Management, especially with respect to implementation methodology, training, planning, supervision, monitoring, evaluation and activity follow-up tools (APR, BFU, PFU).
- Provide adapted trainings to ACF teams
- Conduct yearly evaluation of the skills and performance of ACF nutrition/health team members involving deputies and supervisors to build their capacity (for related teams under their direct management).
- Organise and lead team meetings and individual monitoring sessions (both regular and « one off »)
- Manage problems of team working in liaison with base HR
- Ensure recruitment of team members when needed.
Mission 4: Ensure monitoring & evaluation and capitalization activities
- Revise, develop and implement appropriate data collection tools, especially for health component (IMCI and Reproductive health).
- Implement and analyse nutrition/health assessment, monitoring and evaluation activities, (including: conduct rapid SMART surveys when required)
- Provide a regular analysis of the nutrition/health situation and on gap identification.
- Propose and prepare relevant programs in complement/expansion/ reduction to the existing ones as needed – in collaboration and agreement with health and nutrition HoD/coordination.
- Participate in donor reporting (ACF), MoPH and nutrition cluster reporting
- Provide timely and relevant feedback and communication on monitoring and evaluation findings to ACF team
- Participate in the development and quality management of project capitalization activities (workshops, reports, lessons-learned, course corrections, etc.) – in collaboration and agreement with HoD Health & Nutrition.
Mission 5: Participate in representation and coordination activities – internal and external
- Responsible for partnership management with MoPH at local level.
- Attend technical workshops and technical working group meetings related to the program at governorate level
- Responsible for ACF nutrition/health sector representation (NGO, UN, Government) at local level – share relevant information timely to field manager.
- Ensure regular coordination with UNICEF, WHO with regard to the project.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degree in heath related studies (Nurse, doctor, Public health)
- Training in CMAM,IMCI and primary health care
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position in NGO sector
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Resident of Alkhkokha or willing to relocate.
- Ability to communicate
- Team management skills
- Knowledge in Project cycle management
- Level of the position: Managerial.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however candidates who are residents of “Alkhokha ” will be considered first and priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to : email@example.com or on Whatsapp on this 716322214 or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 14th August, 2019 .
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.