Ended CCCM Officer – Protection Mainstreaming
1) Job Title CCCM Officer – Protection Mainstreaming
2) Grade: C1
3) Duty station: Sanaa
4) Date of Issue:
5) Aim: The Protection Mainstreaming Officer is responsible for ensuring DRC’s protection mandate is being considered and mainstreamed within all DRC project and programmes. Under the supervision of Consortium Manager, the protection capacity of DRC staff, partners, community organizations, volunteers and other stakeholder will be executed in accordance with the organizational mandate, priorities, and donor agreement.
6) Reporting lines
- Reports to: Consortium Manager with functional line management to Protection Manager
- Subordinates: None
- Coordinate with DRC colleagues to ensure key protection elements, standards and mandates are being considered and implemented throughout the project management cycle in the respective sector,
- Identify, refer, and follow up for individuals, families, communities with protection concerns and needs
- Ensure linkages between the protection team and the respective sector
- Contribute to the identification and reduction of vulnerabilities and/or exposure to threats, thereby creating a safer, more protective environment to the populations of concern,
- Develop/compile training packages on selected Protection and Protection project related topics,
- Provide trainings utilizing developed training packages and other materials to DRC staff, Consortium partners, community groups, and stakeholders, in coordination with the Project Managers,
- Facilitate trainings related to protection mainstreaming, as well as general protection principles to DRC’s partners and internal staff,
- Coordinate the provision of trainings with respective staff (sector staff, HR, Logistics, Finance, M&E) and Project Manager,
- Monitor application of skills gained in trainings by staff, partner organizations, community groups, and stakeholders,
- Produce monthly reports on the progression of protection mainstreaming in all DRC programmes,
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with colleagues and relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Yemen programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
- Ensure transparency and DRC’s positive regard and reputation within communities.
- This position requires frequent travel between base/suboffices/community centers/mobile centers, and will also require participation in community outreach.
8) Essential attributes:
- University degree in law, human rights, refugee studies, social sciences or other related discipline;
- Relevant professional experience of three (2) years, preferably in emergency and/or development context;
- Prior experience or familiarity with DRC and/or persons of concern (including internally displaced persons and refugees-returnees) would be a distinct advantage;
- Prior experience or familiarity with NGO sector would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of international protection and human rights legal standards
- Knowledge, skills and experience in community development and mobilization.
- Experience in conducting training needs analysis/assessments and developing training programs for a broad range of audiences from different institutional levels;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Excellent spoken and written English/Arabic and relevant computer skills.
- Full respect for client/organization confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerability.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
9) Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree would be an asset.
- Report writing skills.
- Experience of work in the UN or NGO or voluntary sector is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in management of a team;
- Excellent analysis and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Punctuality and respect for applicable rules and procedures;
- Ethical and transparent decision-making;
- High regard toward preserving confidentiality of work-related information and data;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Local communities and customary rules;
- Independent work, i.e. with minimal supervision and under pressure;
- Self-motivation, goal/result-orientation and team work;
- Flexibility, creativeness, tolerance and maturity.
- Computer/IT literacy (OS Windows/Vista/Linux, MS Office, Internet etc.);
Languages: Spoken and written English, and Arabic are essential,.
Qualified CV are invited through the below application link no later than 22 August 2019. Due to the urgency of this recruitment, interviews will be done on a rolling basis; and a candidate may be identified even before the closing date.